September 6, 2023

 Wednesday - Rainy and humid


I didn’t sleep that well last night. I went to bed later than I usually do, and woke up earlier than I usually do. I went downstairs and then went back to sleep for a few minutes, but woke up to watch the BBC news segment. After that was over, I read stuff on my phone for a bit until I was ready to sleep a bit more.


I woke up a bit later when my alarms started going off. F wasn’t in the room, so I dragged myself up and started to get dressed. It took a while and I watched some YouTube, but finally was mostly dressed. One of the times I went downstairs I did rather a lot of stuff. I restocked the toilet paper in the toilet, I filled up the scent beads in the air freshener in the toilet room, and I filled up the soap in the soap dispenser in the bathroom. I don’t know if F would do it when I’m away!


We talked about lunch and where to go and finally decided to try a little cafe just up the road. We’ve gone for coffee or tea a few times, but always have missed their lunch time. Well, we went for lunch today and it was okay. F had a pastrami hot sand and I had nama ham pepperoncino pasta. I liked it but it was quite spicy! We ordered ours with soup, salad and a drink too and it was a nice lunch. Mine wasn’t terribly cheap, but F’s wasn’t too bad. Not sure we’ll do lunch there again though. Oh, I noticed when we sat down in the restaurant that F’s shirt was on outside in! I could see the label on his side. I had to send him off to the washroom to change it! I had a good chuckle about that! 


After lunch, we went to a post office so I could make a big coin deposit. Yesterday was 50 yen, today was 25,000yen, so quite a bit better. This was my 500 yen coins. If I manage to make a deposit tomorrow it’ll be one yen coins again! 


Oh, I forgot. F had told me before bed that his massage wasn’t on Wednesday morning, it was on Thursday morning. Well, I contacted my hairdresser last night and asked if I could come in for a haircut. She got back to me today and said that tomorrow at 2 pm would work for her. It worked for me too, so I’ll be off tomorrow to get my hair cut. Woot.


After the post office, we decided to go and get some ice cream at S-Mall. We went to Baskin Robbin and had a couple of types each. That was a nice break. We went into Doutor afterwards for a drink and a nice cool rest. 


We checked out the bentos in the grocery shop in the mall and since F picked a couple for him and his mother, I had to pick one too. I wasn’t too happy with any of them, but got one that might be okay. We were on the way back to the house when F decided to go and buy gas. We drove to the gas station, F filled up the car and then we came back to the house.


I had to unpack the bentos and one of them, mine, had leaked all over my bag. I wasn’t too happy. I cleaned it up and I had to wash my bag out. I put mine in the fridge for later as I wasn’t hungry, and went upstairs. 


The empty pop bottles in the corner of the room started to really bother me and I need to move them anyway to get in to the corner to grab my big empty suitcase. I spent probably the next two hours dealing with the bottles. I didn’t realize how many I had there, but I filled two bags of flattened bottles. I had to take a bunch downstairs to wash, so I took them all down. 


When I had dealt with the empty bottles, I did up the garbage in the kitchen and got it ready for F to take out tomorrow morning. That is one of my least favourite jobs, but I usually only do it once a week. I took my empty bottles out to the garage as pickup day is Tuesday and watered the plants a bit. I only did one bottle of water today as it had rained quite a bit. 


I grabbed my bento and took it upstairs. I ate it and it was okay. It wasn’t worth all the mess though. While I ate, F took his shower and I watched some of the news that was recorded today. My bento was okay.


When F finished his shower, I went downstairs and took mine. When I finished I brought up some of the tortilla chips from the other day and two mini guacamole containers. F and I had a little feast while I watched Grey’s Anatomy. It was quite good today. I’m probably going to miss most of the rest of it while I’m in Canada unless I can watch it on demand. We’ll see. 


I had a quiet evening watching videos and just chilling. 


So, tomorrow, F is having an early massage and then I’m having an afternoon haircut. We are both getting pampered tomorrow!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: