November 29, 2023

 Wednesday - Rainy, windy and cold


I woke up before F again, went downstairs and then came back up and was surprised that F was now up. I got back into bed and told him it was okay to turn on the lights!  I wear an eye mask in bed, so the light won’t bother me. He left and I snoozed on.


When I woke up, for some reason, my neck was really sore. I sometimes get a stiff neck and today was my day. I had to take a couple of pain/headache tablets during the day. In fact, after my late breakfast, I ended up having to take a nap because I got really sleepy. 


I grabbed lunch a bit later and watched the US news. After that, I got stuck into my column again and finished it. I listened to it a couple of times and then sent it into the editor. Woot, done early. Hurray. 


I went downstairs to start dinner around 5:30. I was going to make sweet potato fries, so I wanted to start early. I washed the dishes and then started peeling the potatoes and cutting them up. I only did two potatoes, but it was a lot of fries!


I had to do the Sweet Potato Fries in batches, so I started a bit early. While they were cooking, I put out the burgers on a plate to cook and then I got some of the things put out on the table. 


I made some smoked paprika aioli and while I was crushing a garlic clove, my garlic press broke. I can’t quite believe it. I’ve had it for years and it was made of metal, so I don’t think it should have broken! Weird.


I served dinner a few minutes after 7 pm and it went over a treat. F said he enjoyed it and K even talked to me and said it was delicious. Woot. The sweet potato fries were great and so was the dip. 


I did the dishes after dinner, listening to a couple of podcasts. When I was done, I did up the garbage for F to take out later. It took a while as I took a few things out of the fridge too.


I went upstairs and relaxed and after a while, I went downstairs again and took a shower. I came back upstairs and watched an episode of Still Up and then one of The Red Green Show. Fun.


F went to bed after a while and I’m going to get to bed soon. Tomorrow I have to do some Christmas Card writing and also some crafting. I might go downtown on Friday and send off some mail. I haven’t quite decided yet. I think it’ll depend on how much I get done and how the weather is on Friday.


Well, that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: