January 5, 2024

Friday - Rainy and warm


I woke up this morning when F got up and started to get ready to go to the hospital for his 6 month check-up. I wished him a bleary good trip and then I  went back to sleep. 


I finally got my butt out of bed around 11:00. I made a trip downstairs and discovered that F was already back! I had a cup of tea, gave him some coffee and we had a little chat. We decided to go for lunch and when we got into the car I suggested going to F’s favourite fish place. We drove over there and…they were closed. Boo! We went for a drive around the area looking for somewhere else to go. F suggested one place, but people were lined up outside. I still have the tail end of this cold and I was wearing a cardigan rather than a coat so I begged off. I told him I didn’t want to wait outside. I think it was a good call. 


In the end, we went to the Daiichi Hotel’s restaurant. F had the daily fish meal and I had the daily meat. I was happy, but F was not. Sigh. Still, the food was nice overall and the place was classy.  


We decided to go over to the doctor’s office, which didn’t open until 3 pm when we finished lunch. We went over there and parked for a few minutes. I really wanted to take a nap, but F wanted to go in. We went in after a couple of minutes. 


We waited for a while and eventually got to see the doctor. It was okay for me to have the shot, so that was good. We waited a little longer and then were shown into the clinic part to get our shots. Today I wore a tank top under my shirt, a short-sleeved shirt and a long-sleeved cardigan over it. All I had to do was take off my cardigan and pull up my sleeve. No problem. I prepared. Dear F on the other hand…He wore a long-sleeved undershirt, a long-sleeved shirt, a long-sleeved sweater and a big heavy coat he bought in Canada. What was he thinking?  He had to get half-naked to get his shot. I just laughed at him.


We paid for our vaccinations and then left. Next up, we went out to his aunt’s place. F needed to pick up a paper from her. He did call first, and he picked up some goodies for her. 


We drove out to Oyama, F visited his aunt and gave over the goodies. In return, she gave us some goodies and then we were off! I suggested a drink somewhere so we went to Starbucks. We were just able to get a seat each. We both had hoji-cha drinks. I had a hot latte that was lovely, and F had a Frappucino that he said he liked. 


We came back to the house and F made his mother something to eat. I don’t think he did much cooking as he gave her stuff from his aunt! I went upstairs and relaxed for a bit. I watched the various news broadcasts from the day. F wanted to leave right at 7 pm, but I was still watching the news. 


We decided to go to Kushibiki’s restaurant and so we drove out there. It was F’s choice. It was closed of course when we got there. That’s what, 5 times now?  Why doesn’t he call first? I dunno. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and went to China House. F had fried rice and ramen, and I had a mapo-dofu set meal and it was quite good. I was pleased with my meal.


We followed up dinner with a quick tour of the grocery store. K had asked F to get her something, but we couldn’t find it. It was all sold out. F picked up a few things and then I did too. I even found one of my favourite teas from the Advent Calendar and got a box of that too. Yay. 


We came back to the house and had a quiet evening. I watched another episode of Deadloch and it got really good at the end. F went to bed so when the show finished I was surprised that he was already asleep!


It has been a decent day, but I wasn’t sure that it would be. F has this thing lately where he claims that he never gets to eat food that he likes. Really?  I was just thinking about it and I realized that _I_ never get to eat the food that I like. At Christmastime,…no turkey, no ham, no stuffing, none of MY traditional foods so I really think that him not being able to have ramen on one random day isn’t that bad. 


Anyway…I gotta go. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: