February 18, 2024

Sunday - Clear and sunny, warm


Today I slept in and it was wonderful! I did make a trip downstairs around 9 or 10 and then came upstairs and went back to bed. I didn’t really sleep that much afterward though. I did try. 


I got up. F was downstairs working. He was moving the fish tank back into the living room and he’d found some kind of stand to put it on as well. I reminded him not to block his mother’s view of the TV. Despite her not being able to hear, she does watch quite a lot of TV. He also made her brunch. 


When he came upstairs we talked about where to go for lunch. He suggested Kintaro Sushi and I was fine with that. We drove over to Nishi Shinsai Machi and got in after a 5 minute wait. We ate some of our favourites and then left. The food was nice.


F suggested going to Kamo for a drink. I wasn’t sure where he meant to go exactly, but what the heck. We drove out to the place he meant and of course, it was closed. I thought he meant the restaurant we’ve been to a few times which is in Yunohama. We did end up going there and went in for a drink during their cafe time. 


We had a peaceful time there. F had iced coffee, I had iced tea. I read part of a book on my phone.


We came back to Tsuruoka. F wanted to come straight back to the house, but I was not okay with that. I suggested going to the grocery store so I could get the shopping done. I also asked to go to the Pal shopping centre one. 


F stayed in the car and I went into the store. I picked up things for K’s dinner and lunch tomorrow, F’s breakfast for tomorrow, ditto for K. I got stuff for dinner tomorrow night and also something for Tuesday night. F had given me ¥5000 and the bill came to ¥4965 or something. Whew! Safe. 


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I was finished and F still hadn’t come in from the car. I went upstairs. 


I relaxed for a while and put on the heater. I watched some YouTube.  F finally came up and said that he hadn’t given his mother dinner. I was a tad shocked. He finally did go downstairs and give her some food. 


When he came back upstairs we decided to go out and get food for us. When he was in the car, I suggested either Gusto or Cocos. He asked which one and I told him to pick because it didn’t matter to me. We ended up at Gusto.


We had an okay meal. I got my “birthday ice cream” and I also had some chicken and shared some fries with F. We both had drink bar. F had a mixed grill set to eat. 


We stayed for a while and then came back to the house. F set up the rice cooker for tomorrow night and I came upstairs. F didn’t come up for a while, so I started an episode of Fringe and watched that, I followed it up with another episode of The Big Bang Theory


I turned off the TV. F went to bed fairly early tonight. He’s got to go to work a bit early tomorrow.


So, the weekend ended a lot better than it began. I’m rather happy about that! 


Just an FYI, the ointment I got from the doctor does seem to be helping, so that’s good too. Opening my mouth is still a tad painful, but it does seem to be better than it was yesterday. 


I have to go. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: