February 20, 2024

 Tuesday - Cloudy, cooler, snowy at night


I got up this morning after my alarm went off. I did my usual trip downstairs and then getting dressed and going back to bed. I woke up and got up before 11, then went downstairs to get breakfast. 


I ate upstairs, watched a bit of YouTube and then some news on the TV. I had a quiet day today. I didn’t see K at all during the day. I got a little bit of my column written, but not enough. I’ve been thinking that I might narrow the focus, which really would be a good idea.


When I thought F would be on his way back from work, he texted me and said that he was still in Sakata, waiting for the person he was driving. I knew he’d be a little late. 


I went downstairs around 6 and started to get dinner ready. I did an eggplant dish, and after that I prepared some bought food. F came back finally just before 7 pm and he asked for a couple of minutes to relax. I got dinner on the table and he came down to eat it.


We had hamburgers, rice, salad, eggplant and potato salad. I think it was quite nice, but neither F nor K ate that much. K and I had dessert, F skipped it. 


I cleared the table and did the dishes. It took a bit, but I was done by 9pm. I told F that I’d be upstairs and that we needed to leave for the grocery store soon. However, he didn’t come upstairs until just before 10 pm, so we had to go to the big grocery store that is open for 24 hours. I was rather annoyed with that. And then, F came into the store with me.  I don’t enjoy shopping with him as we have different styles of going through shops. 


Anyway, we got through it and F picked up some adult beverages for himself, I picked up salads and things for us to eat over the next couple of days.


We came back to the house, I put away the groceries and then came upstairs. I watched FBI: Most Wanted and thought it was a fairly good episode. It’s the first one back of this season. 


I turned off the TV when it was over and watched some YouTube. F came upstairs and gave me some of his Valentine’s day chocolates so I gave him some of mine! 


Anyway, I’m about done for now. My mouth is much better now, so whatever the doctor gave me is working well. Whew.  It also doesn’t hurt as much when I open my mouth. Yay. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: