February 3, 2024

Saturday - Cloudy, slightly warmer than yesterday


I went to bed a bit late last night and then stayed in bed quite late this morning. F did get up fairly early to make breakfast for his mother. 


I got up a bit after 10, then went back to bed for a few minutes. After that, I did get up and get dressed.


F came back upstairs and asked if I’d like to have lunch in Sakata. He suggested going to a steak restaurant that we don’t have in Tsuruoka. I was game for that. I reminded him that we were planning to see a movie in the afternoon too.  We wouldn’t really have time to come back to Tsuruoka after lunch. 


We had to wait at the restaurant for a few minutes and then were seated in the back. That was nice as it was quite comfortable. We both had steak for lunch, a combo of two different kinds of steak. We both had salad bar added on and could have either bread or rice and soup with our meal. We split, I had bread, and F had rice. We had a good meal. It wasn’t cheap though.


We left the restaurant and drove over to Mikawa. We went in, bought our tickets and a little later I got us some drinks for the show. We were too stuffed for popcorn! We went to see Poor Things. For me, it was seeing it again, but F saw it for the first time. I don’t know if he liked it. He didn’t say much about it afterwards. I enjoyed it as much this time as I did last time!


After the movie, F just wanted to return to Tsuruoka and the house. I wasn’t too impressed with that idea, but I knew that he wasn’t feeling great. We stopped off at a grocery store to get a bento for K. I refused to get one there. I told F that I didn’t like their bentos. I don’t. They are very cheap and I don’t understand how they can be decent food too. It was almost a moot point anyway as there weren’t too many bentos at the store anyway. F got one for his mother and we picked up a few snacks and other things and then we came back to the house.


F tried to give his mother her bento, but she didn’t want it. I went upstairs and relaxed for a bit. Or tried to. When F came up, he kept asking me if I wanted to go for dinner. NO! I wasn’t hungry yet. I asked him if HE was hungry and he said no. Then a bit later I got the whole…Where do you want to go for dinner bit? I listed off 3 places, none of which he was excited about. Too bad. Finally, around 8:30 I suggested that we go to Cocos so I could get my birthday dessert. 


We drove over to Cocos and got a table right away. F had a Japanese-style meal of fried oysters, and I had chicken. We shared an order of fries (they have great fries) and I ordered my dessert too. We both had their drink bar too. My chicken was small, just a piece of chicken and some veggies, so I didn’t feel too bad about having the other stuff. 


We left the restaurant after 10 pm and came back to the house. F offered to take me shopping, but I asked him where I’d be able to go shopping at that time. I supposed if I’d wanted a drugstore or a grocery store, I maybe could have gone somewhere, but not what I wanted. 


Back at the house, we came upstairs and relaxed. F went to bed fairly early, and I’m still up. I watched tonight’s episode of FBI and then turned off the TV. I even did a little bit of crochet on my shawl. I’ve decided that it is almost finished. It fits on my shoulders and I’m getting a bit bored of it!


Well, that’s about it for me for tonight. F is taking me away tomorrow night so there won’t be an update, hopefully, I’ll be back on Monday night with an update. 


Come back later if you like and hear about my days. Until next time!

No comments: