March 21, 2024

 Thursday - Rainy, snowy, and cold


This morning while F was getting ready to go to work we had a conversation. It was strange. I’m not sure why he had to wake me up, but he did. Our conversation was about whether he should go to an onsen this morning or not. I suggested just taking a shower downstairs, but he didn’t like that idea. He left and I went back to sleep!


I got up a bit later, went downstairs and then came back up and got dressed. I tried to go back to sleep, but they were working on the house nearby again and they were making a huge racket. All kinds of metal clanking and engines going. I couldn’t sleep.


I got up later, went downstairs and made myself breakfast. I came back upstairs to eat and watched the news a bit after noon. I had a quiet afternoon. I got my lunch around 2 pm and then watched another episode of Fringe. It was excellent. Olivia managed to get herself back. Woot. 


I got a message from F that he isn’t getting moved to another office this year (yay!) but he is getting a new boss that he doesn’t seem to like. Oh dear. 


Later, he contacted me to say that his mother’s case worker is coming over to discuss her case tomorrow morning and he was going to take the day off work. Now, I thought he was going to take the day off work so he could talk about her case with the worker, but no. He’s going to let his sister handle everything and we’re going to go out!


I went down to cook dinner around 6 pm and got started on dinner. Tonight I did burgers from the store, salad, pickled onions from the store, a spinach cake and some roasted vegetables. Yay me. I used up the last of the potatoes and put in some mushrooms, onions and a bit of carrot. I did the veggies in two batches tonight and they were great. They were much better done that way, and they cooked faster that way too.


I did the dishes and then went upstairs after that. I watched a few minutes of the Weird Al biopic but didn’t finish it because I wanted to see it from the beginning. A bit after 10pm I went downstairs and took a shower. F was still downstairs so I had to turn off the heater and the water pot up here in the room. 


I took my shower and then came back upstairs. I watched The Rookie which was a bit silly tonight. It was about the criminals who looked like two of the police officers. It was funny and a little sad too. 


I turned off the TV after midnight and got started on blogging and computer stuff. I’m going to have an early morning, so I need to get to bed soon. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: