March 22, 2024

Friday - Snowy, rainy, cold and windy


I went to bed quite late last night and woke up early this morning. That did not make me terribly happy!  I had gone to bed thinking that I would be getting up to leave the house before 10 am…F told me in the morning that we had to leave before 9 am. I’m still not convinced that he was right, but whatever. I had left my clothes out last night so I didn’t have to take a lot of time to get dressed. 


We left the house just before 9am and went over to Gusto to have breakfast. We got there just before they opened. I had my usual scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage with salad and toast. It was quite nice, but felt a little small.


After breakfast, I got F to drop me off at S-Mall so that he could go to his doctor. I went upstairs to Daiso and looked for knitting needles. They didn’t have the right size. I did get a few things, including a computer case. It’s quite a nice one and it wasn’t too expensive. While I was in the shop, F called to say that his doctor told him that he was very busy and that he should come back around noon. He said that he’d pick me up. I suggested meeting me downstairs in Doutor. I paid for my stuff and went downstairs to wait. I bought a decaf coffee and found a good seat in the coffee shop.


I read a book on my phone and a little later F called to say that he was going to go to the bank, before coming to the mall. I didn’t hear from him for ages and I was getting tired so I checked the next bus time back to the house. There was one in about 15 minutes. I texted F and said that if I didn’t hear from him I was going to catch the bus. I made a quick washroom trip and of course, F called. He said he was on his way to the mall. 


F picked me up and drove me back to the house. After that, he left and went back to his doctor. He had woken up with a cold this morning. 


I came upstairs and spent some time on my computer. F showed up after a bit and wanted to go to his eel restaurant for lunch. Okay then.


We have tried to go there a few times, but we haven’t been able to. Today we were. F parked across the street and we crossed and went in. We had a nice and actually huge meal. It was too big really. We had tonkatsu and salad plus hokke, a grilled fish, tofu, miso soup, and rice. It was too much and I couldn’t quite eat it all. 


After lunch, we went and did a little shopping. We hit up K’s Denki and I bought some ink for my printer there. Then, we went over to Shimamura and I did a little bit of shopping. F got himself some socks and undies, I got socks for myself and I bought some stuff for my best friend’s birthday. 


I did a quick run-through of the nearby Seria and found some small knitting needles so I bought them. They aren’t really small enough for my project, but I might try them.


We were both stuffed full from lunch and I was still really tired, so we came back to the house. It was around 4 pm then. I knew the news was on, but I didn’t care. I took off my outside clothes, got back into bed and went to sleep. I woke up around 6:30. F had left the room but didn’t turn off the lights. I think if he hadn’t left the lights on, I wouldn’t have woken up!


I got up and got dressed. A little while later, F came upstairs and we talked about going for dinner. Neither of us could think of a good place to go. I didn’t want a lot of food since I was still a bit full. F was the same. We tossed around a few ideas but neither of us was too enthusiastic about anything. 


Finally, F suggested trying a new-for-us place that we’ve tried to go to for lunch. We ended up doing that. The parking lot was full, so F parked close by and we went in. They said they were full, so we left and came back to the car to leave. However, the waitress followed us out and told us that some customers were leaving soon, so if we waited a few minutes we could go in.


That’s what we did. We waited and then F was able to move the car and park properly. We went into the restaurant and were seated.  We ended up ordering a few dishes and a couple of drinks. I had a real “drink” and then F had oolong tea! We shared a starter plate and also had a plate of deep-fried oysters and a serving of gnocchi in a gorgonzola sauce.  After we ate these foods, F ordered us some nama ham and that was lovely too. The food was excellent and we didn’t have too much so we were happy.


We came back to the house after our dinner and came upstairs. I watched a couple of episodes of Fringe and then turned off the TV and got on my computer. 


And now, you are up to date!


I’m not sure what we’re going to get up to tomorrow. I hope that we have a relaxing morning and then maybe go out and see a movie or something. 


Come back later if you like and I’ll fill you in on my Saturday. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: