April 10, 2024

Wednesday - Sunny and warm, cooler at night


I woke up this morning at 8 am. F had already gone to work and my alarm hadn’t gone off yet. So, why did I wake up?  I have no idea. I went downstairs, came back up to the room, got mostly dressed and then went back to bed for a snooze. Of course, I didn’t get up as early as I wanted to, but that’s okay. 


I went downstairs and got my breakfast, I came back upstairs to eat. I watched the news and then some YouTube. I did a couple of rows of the hat that I’m making before my hand cramped up. The yarn is so fine that it is hard to do the work. 


I brought my lunch upstairs and watched 2 episodes of Fringe. This show really found its stride in the third season, I’m in the fourth season now and it just isn’t letting up. I sort of wish that I didn’t have to binge it the way I am, I’d prefer to savour each episode, but I already took too long on one streaming service to get around to watching it. If I miss the end on this service I may not get another chance.


As I was watching the 4pm news, I decided that I really should try to find F’s shirt that needed a button to see if I could fix it. I snooped and found it, so I took a look. F had lost the actual button, so what I did was take the button off the collar and sew it on the next one down. I also had to make a patch behind the button because some of the shirt’s fabric was missing. I had done some button sewing on this shirt before, but at the bottom where it wasn’t going to be seen. I had sewn a spare button at the bottom on a seam and so I used that spare one for the collar button. I figure that people don’t really look at men’s buttons that much and they are a little similar anyway.


I finished up and left the shirt on F’s bedside. Then, he’d called a few minutes before I finished, so I went downstairs to get started on dinner. 


Tonight I did pork from the grocery store. It was pre-marinated and I just had to microwave it in the plastic tray from the grocery store. With that, I made baked potatoes in the air fryer, spinach and salad. I also made tuna salad to put on the baked potatoes. When F came back to the house, he suggested taking his mother out to the park to see the cherry blossoms. I thought it was okay, but wasn’t sure if I’d get done in time to go out.


And, did I mention that F started up a load of laundry while I was using my air fryer? Egads. I couldn’t believe that he did that. I have to turn off the heater in the kitchen when I run the air fryer and I have to be careful not to run too many other appliances at the same time. Husband-of-mine runs the washing machine and uses the dryer function too. ACK. I had to wait to cook the meat and the spinach. 


Dinner was good and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I cleared the table and got a look at the dishes and said to F that I didn’t think I could go tonight. I had a lot to do and obviously, no help. I told F to take his mother and go but he wouldn’t do that. 


I got started and managed to finish washing, drying, and putting away the dishes before 8:30. If anyone had come in to help I could have been done a lot earlier, but no one did. I let F know that I was done and asked if he still wanted to go. 


I changed quickly and then the three of us headed out to the park. I was thinking we’d just drive by the park, but F wanted to park and walk into the park. His mother is 86 years old or something. 8:30 in the evening is not really a good time to take an older lady to the park to walk around. However, F is the guy he is. We walked over to the park and into the areas around the trees. It was fairly dark so I suggested to F that he take her arm to help her. We went off the path so I was worried that she might trip. We looked at a few trees and then walked back to the car. 






F asked me if I wanted to do some shopping with K and I said no. I thought we should get K back to the house soon. She was quite tired I think. Back at the house, I went upstairs, and F stayed downstairs. 


Around 10:30 I decided to take a shower, so I turned off everything in our room and went downstairs. I showered and when I finished, F had gone upstairs. 


I went back upstairs and watched another episode of Fringe! Yes, really. Again, a cracking good episode. I did another couple of rows of knitting while I was watching. 


My newest project...self striping yarn 



I turned off the TV later, watched a bit of YouTube, and worked on my internet stuff like this blog. Now, I’m done. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Thursday. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Such beautiful flowers and the park looks so nice too. Seeing them at night adds another dimension. Thanks for sharing them with us Helen.

Helen said...

Thanks, Kelly! I wish I could get to the park in the daytime...they are so much more beautiful.

Thanks for visiting :-)