April 11, 2024

Thursday - Sunny and warm


I woke up around 8:30 this morning I think. It was before my alarm went off and after F went to work.  I made a trip downstairs and then got dressed. I went back to bed for a while and overslept a lot! 


I dragged myself out of bed and got my breakfast. I had planned to do some laundry but didn’t for a while. I watched a bit of YouTube and then the news. I went downstairs and started a load of towels in the washing machine. When I went back upstairs, F called and said that he was on his way back to the house and he asked if I needed anything, but I didn’t. 


He came back to the house and spent a bit of time here. I gave him some hot water so he could have coffee. We chatted a bit and he got to relax a little, which is nice.


He had to leave about the same time that I went downstairs to grab my lunch. Today I just did my usual lunch but I had to open my new bag of Havarti cheese from Costco. I put half of it in a smaller bag. Since I’ve started doing that, I’ve found the cheese gets less mouldy at the end. I also had a leftover baked potato from yesterday. Hurray for that. I had mine with tuna salad and sour cream. It was delicious. I love cold-baked potatoes!


I went back upstairs to eat and of course, I had to watch Fringe again. I managed to watch two episodes today. I was greatly surprised to see that Chadwick Boseman was in one of the episodes. It was nice to see him, but a little bittersweet too.


F called a little after 5 to say he was on his way, so I went downstairs to get started on dinner. Tonight I did toaster oven chicken, air fryer Brussels sprouts, leftover spinach, macaroni salad and bibinba rice. I was quite busy. Dinner was appreciated I think and a lot of food disappeared. 


I did the dishes afterwards which took a long time tonight. I didn’t finish until after 9 pm. I told F I was done and then went upstairs to change. I waited a little for him to come upstairs and then we left. 


I had to go to MaxValu again to pick up groceries. We needed stuff for breakfast and I got something for my breakfast too because I’m going out tomorrow. I’ll likely go out in the morning and have lunch. I also hinted strongly to F that I wasn’t going to cook dinner tomorrow night. I’ve done four pretty hands-on meals this week, no help from anyone and I’m quite tired! If he changes his mind tomorrow they are just going to get pasta and that’s that. 


I finished in the store and then came back to the car. We drove back here and I came upstairs after I put things away. At 11:00pm I watched The Rookie and then turned off the TV. F went to bed around 11 and was asleep by the end of the show. 


Well, that’s it for me. I’ve been watching some YouTube and getting ready to blog. I’ve finished that, so I think I’m off to bed soon. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: