April 4, 2024

 Thursday - Cloudy, warmish


I had set my alarm for 9 am this morning, but I woke up at 8 or so. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs and got dressed. I went back to bed for a while then.


When I got up later I went downstairs to grab my breakfast. I came back up, ate, watched news, and relaxed. I decided to go down early to make my lunch. I came back upstairs and since I was early, I got to watch TWO episodes of Fringe. That was awesome!  I’m just enjoying this show so much. 


I watched the news at 4pm and then turned off the TV and did something necessary. I sorted my laundry. I didn’t do any today, but hopefully, I can do some tomorrow. I often find it a little difficult to do the laundry if I haven’t sorted it in advance. It just seems like so much work!


F called to say he was on his way and asked if I’d like something. I asked him to pick up some cleaner for the stove. The gas line is being inspected on Saturday and I thought we had better try and clean up the area around it!


I went downstairs and tonight did roasted veggies with wieners.  I roasted some potatoes, an onion, carrot, and some mushrooms and Brussels sprouts. I did it in batches so it turned out quite well again. Unfortunately, no one but me wanted veggies from the second batch. I saved most of it for lunches for K and me tomorrow. We had a salad with our veggies and then dessert too. I had bought some Bocca pudding from Costco so we had some of them. 


I did the dishes after dinner. It wasn’t too bad, but halfway through my knee started hurting. I don’t know if I twisted it or what, but it was asking for some TLC. When I finished I let F know I was done and then made my way upstairs. 


I relaxed and eventually changed my clothes. I watched The Rookie at 11 and realized when it was over that F had already gone to bed and was asleep. Poor thing. I didn’t know he was so tired. 


I’ve been getting ready for bed since I turned off the TV. I’ve watched a bit of YouTube too. I’d like to try and get to bed early too. 


I walked so much in Niigata over the last couple of days that my legs are still a bit sore. My feet felt better today, but my knees still protest a lot. Hopefully, I’ll be back to normal over the weekend. 


Anyway, that’s about it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Friday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: