May 4, 2024

 Saturday - Hot and sunny


Today started not very well, but did get better. I woke up early and had to make a trip downstairs. I came back to bed and F got up. When he came back to bed a bit later he started crushing his beer cans to put in the garbage. I had almost fallen asleep again, but that woke me up so I protested rather loudly. He wasn’t too happy with me, but honestly…if your partner is sleeping or trying to, why on earth would you do something noisy and annoying right next to them?


I finally managed to sleep a little longer but got up around 11. It’s a national holiday, why wouldn’t I sleep in? I got up and got dressed, but F went back to bed and fell asleep! He slept for a while and then got up and went downstairs.


I wasn’t sure what the plan was. Usually we go for lunch but it was getting too late for that. I made myself a cup pasta thing and of course, F came back up to the room and asked if I’d like to go for lunch. I asked him to wait until I finished my pasta soup!


I suggested going to Kappa Sushi and F was okay with that. We drove over there and got in right away. We had a fairly decent lunch. It was nice because we could both order what we wanted so that we could eat as much or as little as we wanted. 


After lunch, we went over to Yamaya, the liquor/imported food store. I went there and wanted to buy some A&W Root Beer, but they didn’t have any. They only had cream soda which I’m not even sure if I like it. We did get some snacks and a few other things there. 


We came back to the house for a while and relaxed. I watched some YouTube and had a couple of drinks too. 


F made his mother some dinner and then he asked if I’d like to go out. I suggested going to Gusto for dinner because it is cheap and cheerful and F agreed. We drove over there and the parking lot was full. F wanted to give up, but I suggested hitting up the Yamaya in that area first and then coming back in 15 minutes. Well, we tried that. Yamaya didn’t have Root Beer either, so we left without buying anything. We drove back to Gusto and it was still full. F said that he didn’t want to go there after all and suggested another place to eat…a much better place. I didn’t think we’d be able to get in, but I like the place so said yes.


We drove to Bal Barracho and we were able to get in. Woot! We had a lovely meal there. We each had a appetizer plate and then shared a plate of hand made gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce and a plate of ribs. We both had a non-alcohol umeshu which was nice. I loved the appetizers and the gnocchi, I liked the ribs but didn’t love them. We left a bit after 9 pm and came back to the house. 


I relaxed for a while and then went downstairs and took a shower. I came back upstairs before 11 and watched the FBI series crossover. I realized about 5 minutes in that I’d already seen it, so I didn’t watch it too carefully. I did do a bit of knitting during the first part of the show. I did quite a bit today.  Yay me.


Since it finished, I’ve been catching up on my YouTube and doing my blogging. 


F wants to go to his favourite onsen tomorrow and he wants me to go too. I don’t want to take a bath as I find the water too hot for me, but I might do some knitting in the lobby or something. Fingers crossed anyway!


That’s it for me for today. I’m not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I hope it is good. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I can sympathise about your husband making noise. I started to call my husband "Russell" because in the mornings he is the noisiest person around, and even if I'm trying to sleep, he will come into the bedroom and rustle bags looking for something.

Helen said...

I think men have a different level of noise that annoys them then we do! I'm not sure if it is a Japanese men thing, or just a men thing!

Thanks for visiting :-)