August 20, 2026

Thursday - Muggy, hot and then rainy at night


I woke up this morning a few minutes before my alarm went off. I got up a little later and then went downstairs. I came back to the room and then did my usual snooze and video watch thing. I did get up a little earlier than usual, but I didn’t go downstairs for a while. 


When I was downstairs I got my yogurt out of the fridge, grabbed the scales and made for the stairs. However, K was suddenly in the kitchen. She garbled something at me that I didn’t understand. She was pointing at the carton of yogurt. Later I assumed that she thought I was being greedy and taking a whole carton of yogurt with me. The carton holds 400 grammes of yogurt and I had 100 grammes every day this week so far. Today, was the last bit of the yogurt and I eat it and the cereal out of the carton. I mean, why not?


I went upstairs to eat and watch some YouTube. I did actually find time to go back and fill in some info in the part of the column I wrote yesterday. I corrected spellings and put in dates and such. 


I went downstairs later, around 2:45 to get my lunch. When I got back to the room I decided to watch the last episode of Evil. However, later on I discovered that there is one more season of Evil, but my channel doesn’t have it. Oh dear. I hope the channel will stream it sometime. 


After lunch I watched the news and then changed my clothes fairly early. F called but I wasn’t able to talk to him for some reason. I might have hit the hang up button by mistake?  


I went downstairs a little early today and started on dinner. As usual it was hot in the kitchen so I started sweating and basically didn’t stop. Today I made chicken drumsticks, cucumber pickle, steamed okra, and served them with a salad and some macaroni salad. It turned out well. I forgot to give K and F their mini tomatoes until after the meal. Dinner was good!


I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. I was soaking wet when I finished. I let F know that I was going to go upstairs to change and then he came upstairs too. I waited until he went back downstairs and then I changed everything!


We drove to the Mina shopping area and went in. Yes, F came in again. I shopped for practical things, more or less, F got a bunch of snack things. I did pick up a cylinder of salt & vinegar Chip Star chips. I haven’t tried them yet, I hope they are good. Japan does try to do sour flavours, but usually their vinegar isn’t strong enough. 


We came back to the house and put away the groceries. We came upstairs after that. I opened the parcel I received today and even started one of the books. Another foreign wife in my group was rehoming some books and I asked for a few. One was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, which is a book I loved as a kid. I’ve already read a couple of chapters tonight. 


I watched tonight’s episode of The Rookie. It felt like one that was the end of a season, but it is on next week so I was wrong. 


F went to bed and appears to be sleeping. I’m glad as lately he hasn’t slept well. He didn’t wake up when I came to bed last night, which I’m happy about. He often wakes up and then can’t get back to sleep. 


Anyway, that’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I have an exciting day of laundry and cooking planned. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….




No comments: