Wednesday - Hot, Sunny, Muggy
I woke up late this morning and got the news that Dolly Parton had died yesterday and as I get ready for bed I found out that Tim Curry died today. What the heck is happening?
As I was saying, I woke up late this morning. I had forgotten to set my alarm last night and overslept today. It was annoying as I was hoping to attend an online meeting at 10 am. Then, when I came back to the room and was in the process of getting dressed, I had an avalanche happen. I have a lot of clothes piled up and many of them decided to fall down. Sigh. I had to pick them up and repile them.
Then, I went back to bed for a nap. I thought that I might get up for the second half of the meeting but I overslept through that too. Sigh.
I got up finally, dressed and then went downstairs. I grabbed my breakfast and I also checked the mail. I got a couple of postcards today and brought them all upstairs. I ate breakfast and then a few minutes later I registered my postcards.
I did work on my column a little and re-wrote a few sentences so that it flowed better. I will try and send it in either tomorrow or Friday.
I had a quiet afternoon, I went downstairs later and got my lunch. I brought it upstairs and then put on something from Apple TV called Calls. Today’s call was about a robbery and an affair and it had Pedro Pascal as one of the callers. I enjoyed it and it was a different way to spend lunchtime.
I watched the news and then went downstairs after I got a call from F. He was already in Tsuruoka!
I went downstairs and started in the kitchen. I washed the dishes and F came in. He had said he’d buy ice cream, but didn’t. So, he went out again and bought us some!
I got busy for dinner. Tonight we had the pork stirfry with konbu and chikuwa, rice, baby leaf salad, pickled cucumbers, mini-tomatoes and some kabocha salad. I prepared most of it, except for the kabocha salad. I got dinner on the table fairly close to 7pm and we ate. It was nice!
While I was preparing dinner, F got a delivery of his new fish tank. I missed the first delivery so I called and had it redelivered tonight. He set it up while I was preparing although he didn’t put the fish into it before dinner.
After the main part of dinner I cleared the table, boxed up the leftovers for my lunch (I had plated lunch for K before dinner) and then got out the ice cream. We all enjoyed it.
I did the dishes and it wasn’t too bad, there was just a lot of dishes to do. Only one pan, so that was good.
I started to do the garbage after dinner and F gave me a hand with some of it. The bag was full and I left it in the genkan for him to take out. I went upstairs when I finished.
I went downstairs again after 10 to take my shower. I came back to the room a little late and watched Grey’s Anatomy. It was an okay one tonight. At the end it looks like Jo is going into labour.
I had a quiet late night so far. I’ve been watching YouTube and one of my favourite vloggers announced that she’s having a baby in December. I’m glad for her as she seems happy, but I’m a bit sad as I’ve enjoyed her content over the last couple of years.
Anyway, I have to get to bed soon. I’m tired and it’s been a heck of a sad day. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment