Sunday - Rainy and cool, clearing at night
I woke up a bit late for me this morning. I got up, went downstairs and then spent a few minutes on my computer before going back to bed. I was looking at stuff on my phone when F came back upstairs. He got back into bed and we snuggled for a while before napping.
It was the afternoon when we got up and I got dressed. We talked about lunch and he suggested going to a soba restaurant with a pickled veggie buffet. I’ve been a couple of times and it is okay. Not my favourite, but an okay place. We ran out to the car and drove off. We passed the place that F wanted to go to yesterday but it was closed today too. We finally got to the soba restaurant and went in. We got a seat right away and ordered soon afterwards. I had hot soba with mountain vegetables and F had hot soba with tempura vegetables. He thought mine looked better, but I thought mine was okay. Honestly, it wasn’t the best soba I’ve ever had.
After our lunch, we drove back to Tsuruoka and went to Gyumu Supa. I needed a few staples for myself and the pantry. We got some potato salad, some cereal for me, and some baby cheeses. F got some ramen packages for himself. We checked out and came back to the house.
I put the food away and then went upstairs for some quiet time. F came up for a while and later on made dinner for his mother. I asked him to start thinking about making a dinner that has enough leftovers for his mother’s lunch the next day. I am buying her Monday’s lunch right now and I think it is a waste of money. She doesn’t always eat things and maybe she’ll eat something if she knows her darling son made it for her!
When F came back to the room, it was our turn. I suggested going to Gusto and then doing our grocery shopping. We went out just after 7pm. We went to the Gusto near MaxValu. It wasn’t too busy so we missed the supper rush. Yay.
F decided he wasn’t hungry as his stomach didn’t feel too good, so he just had drink bar and ice cream…that’ll fix it. I had their smash burger and fries which was very nice. I had drink bar too. I enjoyed my burger a lot, I wish I’d ordered something else too though. I was a bit hungry afterwards.
We paid and left. I used some of my points to make the bill a little lower, no big deal.
We drove over to Mina and went in. F came in with me but I tried to get most of my shopping done before he caught up with me. He used their washroom first! I did quite well. I’m going to be making ginger pork tomorrow and chicken drumsticks on Tuesday, probably!
We paid and then came back to the house. I asked F to make rice for tomorrow and he did. I went upstairs after putting things away, I went downstairs again when I remembered I hadn’t brought up some water for my water pot. I watched the last hour and a bit of the latest Wuthering Heights. It wasn’t good. I missed the beginning, I have to say, but Catherine wearing jewels everyday and shiny fabrics that I doubt were available in those times? Not buying it. Now, as I found out last night, Jacob Elordi is hot and I really like Margot Robbie, but the film didn’t do much for me. I really should watch the first part I think, but I’m not sure if I will or not!
When the movie finished, I watched last night’s episode of FBI. It was good…but it was also the last episode of the season, so there won’t be more for a while. Oh well.
And that’s about it for today. Tomorrow I might go out in the morning. There’s a movie at Machi-ne Kinema that I’d like to see and if the weather is okay it would be good to get out of the house.
It was so cold tonight that I shut the window because I’m afraid we’re going to be too cold otherwise. We don’t have blankets on our bed right now. F of course went to bed in his winter weight pyjamas so he’ll be fine, but I might not be. I’ll have to find a t-shirt or something to wear to stay warm.
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment