September 11, 2026

Friday - Sunny and warmish


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I got up and went downstairs. When I came back to the room I sorted laundry again and then went back to bed. F and I texted a bit to discuss our dinner plans for Monday night. We are having a night in a fancy hotel so we can’t really do anything too extravagant this year. We are talking about yakiniku…it’s good for me, but I’m not sure if F really would be okay for it.


I snoozed a bit and watched some videos. I got up later and went downstairs to start my laundry. I didn’t see K at all. On my laundry changeover time, K’s daughter was in the house and it did surprise me a bit, but I can’t really say much to her.


I had a quiet day at the house really. K wasn’t around much. I thought that might happen. When she has a really active day like yesterday, she often sleeps a lot the next day.


When I had my lunch today I watched a new show. I watched the first episode of Under Salt Marsh which has potential. It’s a British Crime drama. 


F called me around 5:30 today and said he was on his way back to the house. I asked if he’d join us for dinner and he said he wasn’t sure. When he got back to the house I was downstairs about to start some dishes. I suggested if he wasn’t too hungry to just have a little food with us and he said it was okay.


Tonight we had pizza! I had bought two pizzas at the store on Tuesday night and a big salad. Last night I bought a cooked chicken breast, so I sliced that up. We had those things with some leftovers from last night. It was nice and it was also good to have all of us at the table again. 


I took the dishes off to the kitchen to wash and K went to bed quite early. When I finished, I went upstairs to change and relax a little. F and I went out. 


First we walked to the nearby shrine. Today was my mother’s birthday and I wanted to do something to show I remembered. I also wanted to commemorate 9/11. It happened just before we got married so we had that hanging over our happy times. Sad to say, but I’m almost glad that my sister didn’t come as she would likely have been stuck on a plane in Vancouver with her then very young daughter.


We came back to the car and then drove to the convenience store. A few days ago I bought us ice cream and they had a special offer that a few days later we could come back and get another ice cream for free, but it had to be a specific type of ice cream! The store had one of the kind we could get for free. The clerk did look for another one, but they didn’t have any! So, F bought one ice cream and we got one for free!


We came back to the house and went upstairs. F basically went to bed soon after he ate his ice cream. I decided that I’d watch a movie. I ended up watching the newest Wuthering Heights with Margot Robbie and Jacob Elordi. Now that I’ve seen the whole thing I can confidently say that it was awful and I didn’t like it! It was over the top and they left out at least a third of the book. The costumes were made out of the wrong types of fabric. I liked the stars but I didn’t like the movie at all!


I turned off the TV when I finished, and watched a bit of YouTube. It’s now quite late so I really should get myself off to bed. 


I’m not completely sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that we’ll undertake a journey with Matt Damon but you never know. Come back later if you like and hear all about our Odyssey. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: