Saturday - Cooler but sunny and warm
I went to bed at my usual time last night. I got into bed, F got up and went downstairs. He came back to the room and got back into bed. I did my usual reading on my phone before bed and while I was doing that I felt an arm go around my waist. I got a nice cuddle from my husband and we chatted a bit.
I got up this morning around 7 and went downstairs. When I came back to bed F told me that he ate the rest of my fried rice and it was good! Poor guy didn’t sleep after 3 am when I came to bed. He did sleep well before that though. I went back to sleep and F got up around 7:30 to get his mother ready for her Day Service.
I snoozed and slept until 9:00am-ish when I went downstairs. F came back around the same time I was downstairs. I went back to the room and snoozed a bit more.
We decided a bit later that we’d try a new restaurant that has just opened. It was a Taiwanese place in an old restaurant that F dragged me to every weekend for about 6 months straight. We had to wait for about 30 minutes outside, but luckily we were in the shade.
We got in finally, even got a table with chairs and then we ordered. We both ordered teishoku (set meals) and then a couple of side dishes too. I got fried chicken with a mayo sauce, F got kara-age and we ordered some gyoza and shrimp-fried rice. It was too much food! We decided if we go back that we would just order the side dishes and not the teishoku. My set meal was okay, F’s seemed much better. The service wasn’t great either. My soup was missing a spoon and F asked a staff member. He was probably a bus-boy and rang the bell for us. F asked the staff member who came for a spoon for me, the bus boy took it from the staff member and just put it in my soup! It was a bit odd! I expected him to give it to me or put it on my tray or whatever!
We paid and left. Not sure if we’ll go back, but will probably wait if we do until the lines go down.
We went to the big hardware shop, Musashi and F went off to the pet section and I went to the main part of the store. I picked up some tissues for K, liquid hand soap for the bathroom and kitchen, and detergent for F and K’s laundry.
After our shopping trip, neither of us felt like being too active so we stopped at a conbini and got some ice cream and an iced cafe latte for me. We came back to the house and I ended up going upstairs and F stayed downstairs waiting for his mother.
I had a bit of an upset stomach, nothing really major, but I did have to run downstairs a few times to the washroom. F came upstairs after his mother got back and took a nap, I joined him on the bed for a little snooze too. He went downstairs after 6:30 I think to make his mother’s dinner. I got up at 7pm ish and got redressed. When F came back upstairs we discussed our dinner but neither of us was hungry yet!
I spent more time on my computer, watching some YouTube and finally around 9pm we decided that we’d try going out. F actually suggested Gusto as he wanted drink bar! I was fine with that. We went over to the one by MaxValu and went in. F ordered a kakigori for himself and I ordered a grilled salad and a small plate of chips for myself. We both had drink bar. I’m glad that I didn’t order a big dish for myself.
We were the last customers to leave Gusto, but we did leave before they closed so there is that! We drove over to the MaxValu and went in. I mailed my Postcrossing cards outside the store and then F and I did a little shopping in the store. F got stuff for K’s breakfast and we got some snacks and some juice for K as well. We paid and came back to the house.
At the house, F put away his stuff, I went upstairs with the rest. I started watching The Hunting Party which started again tonight. It was okay. After the show, I turned off the TV and went back to YouTube!
I’ve been doing my usual end of day things and I’m about done now. It’s quite late so I really should get off to bed. I’m not sure what we’re going to get up to tomorrow, but we do have to do some grocery shopping.
Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….
No comments:
Post a Comment