October 3, 2026

Saturday - Warm and sunny, cooler later on


I woke up a little before 9 am. On Saturday I tried to wake up after 9am as F and K will have left. I made a trip downstairs and then came back up to the room. F came up to grab his wallet and then he left with K.


I snoozed for a bit longer. I had prepared my clothes and stuff to take last night, so I had time. I got up around 10, F took a shower around then and got dressed. 


We made it over to the doctor’s office in time and checked in. We hurried up and waited in the lobby. I managed to finish my book, Michael Ondaatje’s The Cat’s Table. I liked it, but because I kept it only for reading at the doctor’s office I lost the plot a bit. It was a good book though.


We got our 3 minutes with the doctor, F got his shingles shot and we made appointments to get our flu and covid shots next month. 


We left after getting our medicines and walked to the parking lot. We talked about lunch. F wanted Japanese and then suggested okonomiyaki. I thought that was a good idea, so we went off to the place near our old apartment. We each ordered one okonomiyaki, mine was cheese and curry, F had shrimp. They were great. We shared an order of gyoza as well.


After lunch we went to a drugstore for a moment and then went over to Komeda Coffee. We were able to get in right away, which doesn’t happen that often. I had a decaf iced coffee, F had a hot coffee. 


We came back to the house after our coffee. I came upstairs and spent time on my computer, F stayed downstairs to welcome his mother back.


F made his mother some dinner and then we talked about our evening. I suggested a movie, and we actually had a choice of three tonight. We decided to go to Machi-ne Kinema in Tsuruoka to see The Drama. 


First, we had dinner. We went to a nearby Chinese restaurant. I ordered some kara-age (fried chicken) and I suggested F had an egg and shrimp dish. It took a long time to arrive as they were quite busy tonight. Still, we had a lot of time and we were finished eating an hour before the movie. 


We drove over to the drugstore near the cinema and went in. We picked up a few things and a couple of drinks for the movie. After we paid, we drove over to the cinema and went in. We paid our money and then got in to see The Drama. We both liked it. I do think that the big thing wasn’t as big as the characters thought it was, but what do I know?


After the movie, F and I came back to the house. I watched The Hunting Party episode that was on tonight. I had to watch it through the DVR, but it was fine. Kelsey Grammar was on it tonight, that was a surprise. 


F has gone to bed, he’s tired and I’ll go to bed soon too. 


I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. We will have to buy our groceries for the next few days and I hope that we’ll get out of the house for a bit. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: