October 9, 2026

Friday - Sunny and Warm


Last night I thought I’d go to bed after I signed off and posted my blog entry. I hoped that would be all that happened. It was not.


I always make a trip to the washroom before bed, so I put on my robe and went outside the room. I saw lights on downstairs and decided I’d do what I usually do when I see K around, I’d wait until she went to bed. Well, she switched on the stair light from downstairs and then started calling for F. This was at 3 am. F was in bed, asleep. I went downstairs to see what the heck she wanted and I had no idea. I tried to let her know that F was sleeping but she ignored me. She was climbing the stairs on all fours which wasn’t really good for her. I went back up the stairs and closed the door to our room. I had to wake F up…and while I was calling him from the door, K was pushing the door trying to get in. I’m a big person and she was pushing me quite hard on the door. It was difficult to keep the door closed. 


F woke up and got up to talk to his mother. As usual, it didn’t make much sense. She heard him calling and thought he was having a nightmare. Now, I was in the room awake and I didn’t hear him crying out, but she did downstairs, even though she’s very deaf?Strange. 


We all ended up downstairs. F used the washroom, then I did. I went upstairs and F stayed downstairs to yell/communicate with his mother a bit more. 


I got into bed and did some reading. F came back to bed but wasn’t able to go back to sleep. I slept, but woke up around 6 am. I went downstairs. It was dark downstairs, but when I got to the bottom of the stairs, the living room light was back on. K was sitting at the table in the living room. Hmm. 


After a minute or two I went back upstairs. I told F that his mother was up in the living room, then I went back to sleep. When I woke up again later, F was gone. He didn’t get much sleep at all.


I did get up when my alarm went up and then did a bit of snoozing and watching of videos. I slept a bit late though. I got dressed and took my basket of clothes downstairs to wash. I did a couple of loads of laundry today. One was personal stuff, the other was my towelket and a couple of towels.


I had my breakfast.  I also finished cleaning up around the heater, and even got the vacuum out and vacuumed it and part of my room. It was a hot day so I was sweating for a while! While I ate my lunch I watched the British drama Under Salt Marsh. It was quite good today and they found the body of a missing child. It was sad, but probably good. I followed that up with the news.


F called after 5 and said he was tired. I thought he’d visit the grocery store, but when he got back, he hadn’t. He said that the roads were busy. 


While I was waiting for F to come back, K kept opening the front door and looking out for him. She did it about 3 times which is quite unusual. She even went outside which was odd as she was in her light pyjamas. I didn’t say anything to her as I just didn’t care!


F finally came back and I kicked dinner into a higher gear. I was making my usual pasta dinner for Friday and I let F pick the sauce. No, I don’t make my own! We can’t have tomato sauce as I’m allergic, so we get quite a variation of sauces. Tonight was a lemony one from the area of Japan famous for lemons. It was nice.


We had salad, sliced chicken breast and the lemon pasta. Dinner was very nice and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I think while I was preparing the food, F had a little lecture at K that she should not come upstairs and that she can’t hear, so didn’t hear F. 


He wrote her a message on her message board, I hope she remembers it. Since she had the flu last month, I worry that she’s lost a bit of ground with her dementia. She’s so difficult for me to understand that I don’t even want to try most of the time. 


After I did the dishes, I went upstairs. I relaxed with some YouTube and a little after 10pm I went downstairs to take a shower. F was still in the living room, but went up to our room soon afterward. 


He went to bed around 11 or so and is sleeping well I think. I watched another episode of Cardinal and liked it, but it was a bit sad and scary. I have to finish Cardinal before the end of December as my streaming service will let it go then. Sigh. 


Anyway, I’ve just been watching YouTube and doing my end of day things. I’m hoping to go to bed soon. F wants to do some driving tomorrow morning so I’ll have to get up and go with him. Let’s hope that my dear MIL doesn’t have any more weird turns for the next couple of weeks. 


That’s it for me for today, come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: