January 6, 2009 - Tuesday

Cold, rainy and snowy.

I surprised myself by getting up at 9 am this morning. I got up, had a leisurely coffee or 3 and watched the news. I even watched a bit of Carole King before my shower. I relaxed a lot, had raisin toast for a breakfast, then a bit later made my lunch.

It had been sunny or nice all morning and most of the afternoon. Of course, it started to rain 30 minutes before I had to leave for work. But, by the time I left the apartment it didn't seem to be raining much. I wore my rain cape just in case, but went out. I was surprised that Fumihiko hadn't put my bike together properly. Last night he hadn't locked the middle bit where it hinges. Good thing I noticed! I hopped on my bike, but by the end of the driveway, the rain came back in force with a bonus. It was half snow, half rain. Yay.

At my school I hung up my wet clothes in the shower and then got to work. I had a lot of things to do, but everything seemed to go fine. My first class went well as always. This student just gets things so much easier than some others.

In my break time I prepared a lesson for next week, and did a bit of paperwork. My second student came and we started her new textbook. It was very different from her old one. I think it's a good change though. We'll see how things go from here. We didn't finish, but will keep working next time.

After she left, I had a lot of things to do. I prepped a "your lessons will finish soon" letter, did more paperwork, checked on the readiness of my next classes, changed the ink cartridges in my copier, did the dishes. Wow. I was busy with little things that had to be done. Fumihiko called me in the middle of this so I didn't call him back until I was done.

He picked me up and we came home. He had been a cooking fool. He'd made soba and curry. Now, he'd made quite spicy curry. I rarely eat curry as spicy as he likes it. Sigh. And, he'd put the soba in soup. He wanted me to pour the curry over the soba-soup mix but I couldn't do it. The idea of runny curry didn't do anything for me, so I ate the two separately. The curry was good, and the soba was good, but I didn't like them together. Honestly, I'd have preferred plain old spaghetti under the curry. Still he tried! He wouldn't let me do the dishes, and so he did them.

At 11 we watched Ugly Betty on the couch. After that, we had a couple of mincemeat tarts with some vanilla icecream. Yum. I don't think the tarts were warm enough though, but I tried.

That's it. Basically a boring normal back to work day. Hurray for that! Night.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Was this his way of making it up to you after being mr grumpy? Dinner AND dishes. :)

I'm not a soba fan but i do like Japanese curry but yeah, not runny! :) I think curry goes better with rice than noodles. But, as long as you enjoyed it.

It must be hard to ride your bike in the snow!

Helen said...

I'm not sure why he did the dishes. He has this "thing" where he doesn't like the way I do dishes, but to be honest, I don't like the way he does dishes! I don't rinse dishes after I've washed them, he doesn't wash them in hot enough water for me.

There wasn't snow on the ground yesterday when I set out. The roads are still clear today, but there is a little on the grassy areas. So, I can still bicycle. Hurray!