July 14, 2009 - Tuesday

Cloudy in the morning, heavy rain in the afternoon.

I only have a little bit of time before American Idol starts, so I wanted to get a head start on my blog entry.

I had a quiet morning today. The news was on, and I enjoyed it. In the early afternoon I made cucumber yogurt salad, and put it in the fridge for dinner. Yum.

I started out for work just at 4 pm. Of course, it started to rain torrentially as I left the apartment, so I put on my raincape. When I got out to the main road and had to go over a small bridge I had a problem. I'm not sure what happened, but I ended up falling off my bike. I think the gear slipped at the same time as I turned the wheel. Anyway, I wasn't badly hurt, but I have a very bruised and scraped knee. Oww. I swore a lot and got back on my bike and went to work.

My class went well and and the student did very well. He's a great kid. Sadly, his mother will be busy for the next few weeks and he won't come to school for a bit.

I called F and asked him to come and get me. He picked me up and brought me and my bike home. I told him about my accident, but so far he hasn't even seen my knee.

I checked email and then made dinner. I really didn't do that much. We bought chicken fingers at the store yesterday, so I heated them, set the table, got out the salad and dressings, and my yogurt salad. It was simple but nice. F. did the dishes afterward.

We've spent the evening watching Spiderman 3. Personally I'd rather have watched something else, but Harry is so tragic in this that I don't really mind too much.

Well, that's it for me. I'm going to do the Idol thing in a few minutes and I'll be a crocheting fool all the while. Talk to you tomorrow. Night!

PS...I forgot to say, Happy Bastille Day!

No comments: