July 24, 2011

Sunday - Hot and sunny

Summer, it would seem, is back. I am not impressed!

Had a good day today. I woke up very late as I went to bed very late. Still, F didn’t seem to mind too much. He’d gone for a walk and watched some TV in the morning, at least I think he had.

We went out for brunch to a yakiniku place, Ringo-en. It was a good choice, even though I didn’t want to go there at first. We both had bibinba and shared the meat that came with them. We even had gelato afterwards. F had chocolate which he found too sweet, I had black sesame and it was great.

We tried to find something to do after lunch. We wanted to go for a tea or coffee, but Mr. Donut was full of people. Doutors was too, but we managed to find a seat there. Also, their ordering system is less chaotic than Mr. Donut. F bought our teas, I grabbed a table. We also visited the bakery in the mall to get something for his breakfast tomorrow.

We had thought about going to karaoke, but my back still hurts and I wasn’t feeling that great. We came home instead and relaxed. Around 6 pm we watched Salt on TV. That Angelina, she knows how to kick butt!

After the movie we went out for dinner. F suggested a few things that weren’t inspiring me, so I agreed to tonkatsu. On the way there, he changed his mind and we tried to go for yakitori. Unfortunately the two places he tried were closed, so we ended up at a place we’ve gone occasionally, Kitchen Futaba. It was open, at least for a little while longer and we went in.

We were the only customers in the restaurant. We got a table and sat down. We were quite surprised to see that the waitress was our favourite waitress from Grado, the one we haven’t seen in ages and have missed. We ended up having a really delicious meal. We shared a couple of appetisers, smoked salmon salad and a yummy pork and prune terrine. Our entrees were local grilled pork and local grilled duck. They were both excellent. We had tea or coffee for afters and then the waitress brought over some cassis sherbet for us that was to die for! It was lovely. It was unexpectedly an amazing meal.

We came home via the drugstore and the grocery store. I’m going to cook something simple tomorrow night. I don’t want to spend as much time in the kitchen tomorrow as I did on Wednesday.

At home, F watched some soccer on TV. I asked him who was playing and he said, “Yes.” I didn’t understand and asked him what teams were playing. He proceeded to tell me the names of the Japanese players on the teams. I told him I didn’t care about the J-Players…I wanted to know what teams were playing. He didn’t know. Does he not realise that soccer is a TEAM sport, not a Japanese player sport? I guess not!

Anyway, the evening was quiet, F went to bed a bit late, but he’s sleeping now. Tomorrow, I hope to do a bit of laundry and perhaps go out for a while under my own steam.

It’s been a good day. Catch up with you tomorrow? Night!

1 comment:

JY69 said...

I like Doutours or Starbucks. Mister Donuts is always too frantic... tho I like their donuts tho! :)