July 25, 2011

Monday - Hot and sunny, humid

An okay day, mostly.

Last night, I was using the facilities before going to bed when the room began to move. It was disconcerting to say the least! I heard F say something in the living room, so I knew that it woke him up too. We had a fairly strong earthquake of level 3 in Tsuruoka, about a 5 in Miyagi I think.

I got up this morning on time for a change and got on with my day. I watched a couple of movies on WOWOW and did some laundry too. Today’s first film was Breakdown with Kurt Russell and it was good. I hadn’t seen it before and really liked it. The other was He’s Just Not That Into You and it was okay. I saw parts of it before.

I also watched some of the TV I taped this weekend. I managed to tape the subtitled shows this weekend, so could understand them this time. Woot.

It was a quiet day and I never did go out. I had planned to, but it never happened!

F came home around 6:30 and I started cooking dinner fairly soon after. I did pork saute with pasta on the side, plus salad. It was nice, especially since we each had different pasta sauces.

F did the dishes and then came over to the couch to watch his boxing stuff. After a while, it was time for Medium, so I made a pot of tea and we watched the show. I wound a ball of cotton yarn during the show, when I wasn’t eating some nice melon or some biscotti!

After midnight, we watched Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief which was cute, and that’s about it. I’ll probably go to bed fairly soon. Not sure when.

A couple of other things about today. My email seems to be out. I haven’t received any all day, and that’s really odd. I even sent myself some to check it and it didn’t arrive. The other thing is that F cut his foot when he was at work today. He went to the beach and cut his foot on a rock in the water. He’s got it bandaged up, but it looks nasty. And, my back is better, but not completely back to normal yet. Wonder what I did!

Tomorrow I have a busy day at work. I have three classes, all separated by an hour. It makes for a strange day. I just hope everybody shows up. And that is it for today. Talk to you tomorrow. Night!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Is the email you are having trouble with a yahoo account? I can't seem to send or receive anything with my yahoo account since they made all the latest fancy changes.

Helen said...

No, I think Yahoo is okay, although I don't get a lot of mail there.

I sent from my computer to my cell phone, no problem, but from a gmail account to my computer....nada. And I should have received an email from blogger telling me about your comment, but nothing happened there either.