July 27, 2011

Wednesday - Hot and muggy, rainy at night.

An okay day. I woke up this morning and one of the first things I heard was a delivery van outside. Since I am expecting a delivery I thought it might be coming to my apartment, so I jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes. Hey, I was up! However, the truck drove off a few seconds later. Not for me then.

I had a quiet morning and afternoon. There was nothing on TV so I watched a dvd sent from a friend in Tokyo. It wasn’t a bad story at all, except being from the early 1970’s the computer in the story was huge! It was fun seeing a pre-Quantum Leap Dean Stockwell and a pre-Hart to Hart Stefanie Powers. It was called Paper Man and was an okay little movie. The sound quality wasn’t great, but that could be my little dvd player at fault.

In the afternoon I sent off a couple more postcards for PostCrossing. These two are going to the Netherlands and Taiwan. I’ve sent quite a few to Taiwan, and this is my second to the Netherlands.

F came home around 6 and a little while later I started making dinner.

I washed the lettuce, marinated some chicken, prepped some garlic butter and then got garlic toast ready to go in the toaster oven. When I was about ready, I grilled the chicken , let it cool for a bit, sliced it. I made up a caesar salad with a bit of cheddar cheese, some bought croutons and bought dressing. Looking at some of the internet recipes though, I think that I’ll make my own dressing next time. I plated the food and called F through from the bedroom.

We had a nice meal. I made extra garlic toast afterwards, and we ate all of the salad, so I think it was good. I really enjoyed it and it was nice to have something a little lighter for a change. I hope I’ll make that again soon.

F did the dishes and then we watched The Proposal on TV. It was okay, not great. I’d seen it before, but F hadn’t.

I went over to the couch at 11 to watch Grey’s Anatomy and do a little crochet. That was nice and relaxing. F took his bath and then came back and made a bit of noise. Not as much as usual so I guess I should be happy about that!

Oh, and I got my email fixed! Yay! I called the English support line tonight and even though it was almost 9 pm, the lady took my call and walked me through the steps of what to do. Hurray for that. I had 70 some email waiting for me. Ack!

Anyway, that’s about it for tonight. I have an evening class tomorrow, so I should go over to the school tomorrow afternoon. It was a good day, just a really really hot one. Night!

No comments: