July 28, 2011

Thursday - Hot and rainy. Very humid.

An okay day today.

I got up but was a little late this morning. Oh well. I channel surfed and found Julie and Julia (or vice versa) on TV and watched that. I liked Meryl Streep as Julia Child. She was very funny and quite like what I remember Julia Child as being (except she isn’t as tall).

I took my shower somewhere in there too and then got dressed.

I stayed in for most of the day. There was a torrential rainstorm early on and it didn’t make me feel like going anywhere.

At 4ish I started making my lunch. I also got a delivery from the post office, so that was nice. I didn’t open it as it was addressed to F. It was my book, but I still feel like I shouldn’t open things that aren’t addressed to me.

I went out to go to work around 5 pm. I wore a jacket, but not a raincoat, so after a couple of seconds outside I went back in and got a raincape to wear if it started pouring. I took off on my bike. I detoured through the drugstore and did a little shopping. That was fun.

I got to the school and I was only a little damp. I hung up my clothes to dry and got on with the serious business of getting ready for work. My student came on time and we had quite a good class. Today we learned a few collocations. I think it was interesting.

After class I did paperwork, washed some dishes and then called F. He picked me up and we went out for dinner.

Tonight we went to Fireball and didn’t have the more expensive set dinner. We had chicken, tomatoes and eggplant in a vinegar sauce that was very nice, and some spicy chicken wings. Yum.

We came home after dinner and I watched Royal Pains. I know it isn’t the most cerebral of shows, but I have to say I quite enjoy it. The only thing is that they seem to have changed one of the female leads from a doctor/ hospital administrator to just an administrator. Not sure I really approve of that! I did a little crochet too. The hour or so where I crochet in the evenings is something that I really look forward to all day.

After Royal Pains, I watched a documentary about Lionel Logue, the man who helped “Bertie” in The King’s Speech. It was quite well done and enjoyable. It added heaps to my knowledge of the movie.

And that, dear readers, was my day. No big deals really. Tomorrow no plans, just going to relax and if the weather cooperates, hopefully go out for a bit. Wish me luck with that! Night.

2 comments:

JY69 said...

been trying to catch that movie... Julia & Julia... I love anything with Meryl Streep in it... one of my all-time fav actresses!

Helen said...

Julie & Julia is okay. I personally would have preferred the whole movie to be about Julia Child, as I think she was much more interesting than the "Julie" character. Don't see it if you're hungry!

Thanks for visiting :-)