August 20, 2011

Saturday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up today a little late. I went to bed late, but I did have an early class today, so it wasn’t a good thing. I slept very well though, which was great.

I got up, showered and then did my usual computer stuff. I took a mini nap before F and I left the apartment.

We had breakfast at Jiro today. It was nice. We had Mench cuts and bacon, basically minced meat formed into patties and breaded with some bacon on the side. It was a nice meal and it was good not to go to the usual place again!

My class went well. My second student cancelled today which was sad, but then cancelled all her classes this month, which was even sadder. She rescheduled for next month.

I finished up and called F. He picked me up and we drove out to the mall. We checked on the time of the movie and then had dinner. I didn’t want yakiniku as we’d just had it, and the usual place in the mall we go isn’t very good. We tried the omurice place and it was okay. Better than okay to be honest! F had okonomiyaki rice and I had omurice with cream stew, vegetables and grilled chicken. It was nice. The rice I chose had butter in it rather than ketchup, so I was quite happy.

After the meal, we went upstairs and got our tickets for the film. We got popcorn and drinks and went to see Shanghai. It’s the first new English film that the theatre has shown in a month, barring Transformers 3. I’m not in a hurry to see that one. Shanghai was quite good. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. John Cusack is a spy in Shanghai trying to find out who killed his friend. He falls for a shady lady, played by Gong Li. She’s married to the local gangster who is in an uneasy partnership with the Japanese. It does make sense in the world of the film. Interesting to see a story that talks about a part of the world that I don’t know much about, and a time as well.

After the movie we drove back to Tsuruoka, had a milkshake and doughnut at Mr Donut and then came home. It was a nice evening.

We watched Top Gear and then at 2:15 I watched Not Going Out. It was a funny one again. F only seems to stay up and watch the not so funny ones.

And that was my day. I haven’t got much of a plan for tomorrow. I do want to get F to get himself a couple of pairs of shoes for work if he can. He’s been complaining about his shoes being smelly, but wears the same ones every day. Wonder why they aren’t so fresh? Night.

No comments: