April 25, 2012


Wednesday - Sunny, warm and gorgeous

A good day. 

I got up this morning around my usual time and got dressed.  I did some computer stuff and of course Sex and the City was just going to start when F came home.  He had been out doing some banking.  We relaxed for a while and then went out for lunch.  F picked the place today, but it was near Tsuruoka park.  The parking places were crowded, pedestrians were everywhere, it was a mess.  F managed to park, but as we were walking into the restaurant we even saw a car back into another car as there was very little room to manoeuvre in the parking space.  

Lunch was okay, it wasn’t great.  I had dadacha-mame pasta and a gorgeous salad.  After lunch we drove over to one of the banks in Tsuruoka. F gave me a talking to about the bank, but the one he wanted me to use was in the opposite direction and not in a convenient location for me.  No way, Jose!  We went in and opened an account for me. We had to give them time for doing paper work or something so popped out to fill up the car and visit the drugstore.

We went back, picked up the passbook and cleared up a detail or two and left.  We came home for a while. 

We went out again later to the park.  We rode our bikes over to the park and had a long and lovely walk through the cherry blossoms.  I couldn’t persuade F to buy any of the interesting foods in the park, but it’s probably just as well.  I thought I had him at the Ramen Burger, but he still said no!

Outside our apartment building

Breathtaking, aren't they?

A very old Ume tree that started blooming again last year on March 11.

Gratuitous flower shot

Mokuren ...not a big cherry blossom


We came home, downloaded our photos and then went out for dinner.  It was Kintaro sushi and we were there just a little while before it closed.  We had a nice meal, but they were out of some of our favourite fish.  

We came home via the grocery store.  I got a few things for dinner tomorrow and then we came home.  I’ve been having a TV night ever since.  

Anyway, tomorrow I have an early-ish class and then I’m done. If the weather is nice I’ll most likely come home.  I have to cook dinner tomorrow night.  So, I’ll talk to you tomorrow night.  Got to go.  Night!

6 comments:

Desley said...

beautiful photos, we are still waiting to see blossoms in Sapporo, am hoping with this warmer weather we may not have to wait much longer

Helen said...

Thank you! I hope you get to see the cherry blossoms soon too. They seem especially lovely this year.

Thanks for commenting :-)

Anonymous said...

Really pretty pictures. Our Blossoms have all blown away already!

Helen said...

Thanks Connie! I hope that ours stay a little while yet.

Perogyo said...

Ramen burger! Too bad about the food, I love street food in Japan.

Helen said...

I know Perogyo, me too! I thought he might go for the ramen burger, but nope! It looked like a compressed amount of ramen that they'd put on a bun.

Last year I saw some people selling Donairs and I was dying to have one, this year it was Thai food. I'm not a fan of spicy so much, so passed.

Thanks for commenting.