May 5, 2012


Saturday - Sunny and warm in Sendai, Rainy and cold in Tsuruoka

I’m back!  And a good trip was had by all, mostly!  We left as planned on Monday, but ended up staying away two extra days, rather than coming back on Thursday.  We toured through Akita, Aomori, Iwate and then finally a little of Miyagi.  

We saw Lake Towada (Akita & Aomori), Misawa Aviation & Science Museum in Aomori, ate great Mexican food in Misawa, went to the Hachinohe City Museum in Aomori, visited Miyako in Iwate*, and spent a night in Sendai.  Arguing was kept to a minimum and we just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.  A few things didn’t work out (some restaurants that F planned to take me to weren’t open) but overall we had a very nice trip.

Last night we arrived in Sendai without a hotel reservation, which is an incredibly dumb thing to do during Golden week.  We managed to find a place to stay but it wasn’t nice at all, so the less said about it the better!

We had a decent lunch today at The Mall and then started our long drive home.  We arrived home around 5 I think and I spent a few hours going over the email that I received, reading and dealing with it.  

Dinner tonight was courtesy of Kappa Sushi and then we came home.  I watched a bit of TV tonight and got caught up with The Walking Dead.  For me, the worst part of being away was not being able to see it yesterday!

I’m still up watching TV, F is doing some Postcrossing stuff.  I think I’ll be going to bed soon. This is the latest that I’ve been up for days! Night!

*Not my idea

2 comments:

Perogyo said...

Mmmm great Mexican food!

Helen said...

It was great! There's a big army base there, and the restaurant was about 100 meters from the gates. I'm not sure how authentic it was, but it was awesome food!

Thanks for visiting!