March 21, 2013


Thursday - Snowy, windy and cold

A good day.  I woke up this morning and had a chat with F about today. He said that he'd be able to take me to my school at lunchtime, so he'd pick me up and we'd swing by the bento shop on the way.  Sounded good to me, so I said okay.  

Unfortunately, he phoned me at 11:45 to tell me that he couldn't come.  He had been called away on business and wasn't able to get away.  Oh dear!  I decided to just follow the plan, but by myself and on my bike! 

It was darn cold out there. I was surprised to see snowflakes falling, even though there was snow on the grass when I woke up this morning.  I was really cold by the time I got to the store, so it was nice to go inside and have a break from the weather.  I got my bento and a couple of other things and continued my way to my school.  

I had my lunch then got the school ready.  My student came right on time and we had a good lesson.  She's a fun person and today we worked quite hard.  

After class, I finished up, did some lesson planning and then decided to leave my school. I put on my outside clothes and biked off.  

I went shopping. My best friend's birthday is next month and I wanted to get her something. I stopped at the craft store as it has a nice kitchenware department, and had a look around.  I found some nice stuff, but when I looked at it, the labels were in English and French.  I was a little suspicious so I looked closer.  Sure enough, the items were from Canada. That would be like sending coals to Newcastle!  I decided on the scattershot approach and got her a few different kinds of things.  Hopefully one or two will please her. I also hope to get a "big" present too later on for her.

I biked home and found F in the apartment already. He said he'd just got home.  No worries.  We chatted for a bit and I got some bad news about one of the ladies in my women's group.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will go well for her.

We went out and had dinner at Sukase and it was nice. I was in the mood for pasta, so I had their special, nama ham and spring cabbage. It was good, but it had a lot of dried chili in it so it was hotter than I expected.  F had a fish dish.  We just came home afterwards, even though I was hinting strongly to go somewhere else! 

At home, F set up the bread maker yet again.  I think he's making brioche, but he's a bit nervous about it.  I'm sure it'll be fine.  Later on, I made a big bowl of popcorn and I shared it with him, but ate most of it anyway!  It was really good.  

I watched my Thursday night TV and also got my Glee on, so it turned out to me a good day.  F and I aren't fighting now, and things are good. Yay.  Tomorrow I have another class and then I'm done for the week.  Double yay!  Only blight on the day is the snow that has been forecast.  I hope that they are wrong about it.  Come back tomorrow and find out about my day.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: