June 16, 2018

Saturday - Cloudy but not rainy

A good day.

This morning F went off to the doctor and K went to a day outing for seniors.  I had the house to myself for a few minutes but didn’t take advantage.  However, when F came back, I had a bit of a look for some of my kitchen stuff. I didn’t find it all, but I did find my pasta pot/steamer. Yay.  

We went out for lunch.  I had requested Futaba just down the road, and that’s where we went.  I didn’t have their quiche today because it had baby fish in it that I consider to be bait.  I had the baguette sandwich and F had the quiche!

After lunch, we went over to Mikawa Shopping Centre and did a little shopping.  I bought some yarn.  Well, strictly speaking, F bought the yarn, I just picked it out.  


We had ice cream at Baskin Robbins too.  They invited us to “Challenge the Triple” today, so we did! It was really nice.

We came back to Tsuruoka and to a hardware shop. F and I bought a few things for the house and garden. We came back to the house after that.  At the house, we found that K had returned. She’d had a good day, but had a hard time because she couldn’t hear well.  F and I came upstairs and he hung up our new curtain rails.  He put them on the ceiling instead of the walls, so I’m a tad bit worried in case they let in too much light, but we’ll deal with that later. 

F finished just after 7 and we talked about dinner.  We decided to go to Foodever and asked K if she’d like to join us. At first, she didn’t want to, but when we told her that we’d bring her a bento afterwards she changed her mind!

Foodever was a tad busy, but not in a bad way.  K had some kind of soba in a soup dish, F had a keisen don and I had fish and roasted potatoes.  I had a to wait a long time for them, a bit too long if you ask me.  

After our meal we came back to the house and stayed here.  I was a tad disappointed, but I knew that F was feeling tired and didn’t want to stress him out more.

We had a quiet evening in.  I took a shower, F went to bed but hasn’t gone to sleep yet. And that was my day!  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow, but please come back and check it out.  


That’s it for me. Until tomorrow….

No comments: