June 17, 2018

Sunday - Sunny and warm, gorgeous day

A bad day. 

Things started well enough. F got up and started making some bread, I spent a relaxing morning in bed or on my computer.  We talked about going out for lunch, didn’t ask his mother.  I suggested a place near where he wanted to go today so we decided to try it.

F’s bread needed to come out at 2:14, so we drove over to the restaurant.  F took the long and scenic route, wasn’t sure why.  We got there finally and it was closed.  I suggested another place, so we tried there. We went to the souvenir centre of Tsuruoka and it was busy. We had to park very far from the building, but so what. We found a place and had a meal. It wasn’t great, but it was okay. We both had the same, soba and a small keisendon.  

After we finished, we didn’t have time to shop so went back to the house to take out the bread.  F took care of that, I went upstairs.  

After a little while, F was ready to go again and we drove off to the hardware store.  We got there and he tried on a uniform and liked it. He has to get a purchase order or something in order to buy it.  

That done, we went to Doutors for an iced coffee.  However, it was too busy to find a seat so we browsed around the hundred yen shop first.  We bought a few things and then came back to the coffee place.  When we went it, it was much less busy, so we had our iced coffee, used a bit of wifi and then left eventually.

First up we tried to find some tissues at a drugstore for me.  The one we went to didn’t have the right kind.  F got really upset with me when I didn’t buy any other kind there. I’m not sure why, I had told him that I didn’t like the other kinds because they weren’t strong and don’t work for me.  

The next thing I know he storms out of the store and made ready to go somewhere else.  Next, we turn into the grocery store and when I asked F what we were shopping for he said dinner.  Okay, fine.  He storms off again, while I was looking at the salads for my lunches tomorrow and the next day.  I gathered up some things that I wanted and tried to find him.  He’d grabbed some fish in his basket and I asked what it was for.  It was for our dinner apparently.  I’d already picked up some chicken for myself because I’d already had fish today.  Then he started whining about how we had to eat the same thing.  Not sure why.  Fine, I put the chicken back and told him he could pick up the fish again.  Then I had the nerve to ask him what he was going to serve with the fish.  Rice. I said it was fine, but please don’t make me any. He got upset again.  I wanted some bread for my lunch, he said there was some he just made. 

We came back to the house after a very quiet ride. I put away my groceries and came upstairs.  He came up later and asked if I’d have some udon instead of rice.  I said no, that I’d already had noodles today.  He got furious with me, said some very nasty things and went away.

I heard him making dinner downstairs a bit later.  I wasn’t invited at all.  It was fine, I didn’t care much as I didn’t have much of an appetite for food I don’t like anyway.  

Later I decided to finish the hat that I’ve been knitting. I wanted to have it finished before I started the baby blanket that I’m going to have to do.  I want to do it, right?  I did finish the hat and it is okay.  It is a tad too long, but I followed the pattern, so I’m not sure why. 



After I finished, I went downstairs and got myself some cereal, yogurt and the salad that I’d bought to share at dinner.  It was good. I enjoyed it much more than I would have if I was sitting on the floor eating fish and rice. 

I went down later and did my dishes and also put the garbage together for tomorrow.  I asked F if he’d take it out and he said he would.  I did all the things that getting the garbage out entails, like cleaning out the drain in the sink and his mother’s little corner basket. Too bad no one else does it.  

I came back upstairs and decided to write my blog early.  An early night might be a good thing.  I’m quite tired these days with all the drama in my life.  

Oh, and did I mention that I have ants?  Yes, this morning I noticed a couple of ants on the floor of the room.  A little more inspection and there were lots of ants.  Yikes. I got F to find me an ant hotel, so I’ve put that down. I hope it works.  


So, hopefully, I’ll be back tomorrow night.  Hopefully?  Not sure if that’s the right word.  Anyhoo, until tomorrow….

No comments: