June 24, 2018

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

F took his mother off to the onsen this morning, so I got up, took care of a couple of personal things and then vacuumed the stairs up to our room.  They get dusty easily and K sometimes uses her cleaning them as an excuse to snoop! 

When F came back, we talked about going out and decided to go one place, but when we were in the car, changed our minds and decided to go to the Korean Restaurant in the Kokusai Mura.  (For those of you that read my archives…we did that a year ago too, but I didn’t know until tonight!) It wasn’t a great success.

When we arrived at the restaurant they were out of rice which eliminates half of their menu.  I had wanted a bibinba, instead, I settled for chapchae which I love anyway so I was fine.  F had a noodle dish too but said his was too sour.  One bad thing was that he was given a dirty water glass and didn’t notice until after he’d drunk from it.  Oh dear.  He didn’t complain but should have.

We were close to Yamaya, so went shopping for a couple of minutes after lunch.  I got some tea (three kinds!) and some muesli for my breakfasts.  I wasn’t terribly happy about that since it has banana chips in it, but I’ll hopefully be able to pick them out.  F got a few things too.  

We zoomed off to the Machinaka Kinema to see I, Tonya.  It was great.  I am old enough to remember the whole debacle and actually didn’t like Nancy Kerrigan all that much, so enjoyed the movie a lot.  There were a few things that I thought the movie got really right.  The music was one!  The movie stated with Cliff Richard’s Devil Woman!  How cool is that?! F liked the film too.

After the movie, we went back to the house so F could warm up the food from last night for K.  I unpacked the groceries and went upstairs.

We had a little talk to see where we should have dinner and F suggested Youme Shokudo, the place near the post office. I was okay with it, so we went there.  It wasn’t busy at all when we arrived.  F had the veggie starry with pork, I had chicken steak.  Not bad. 

I wasn’t ready to go back to the house yet, so I asked about going for coffee. I really thought about McDonald's, but F took us to a nice place.  We each had a cup of blend coffee and relaxed a bit.  We hit up our usual grocery store afterwards. I got stuff for tomorrow’s lunch and dinner too.  Yes, I am going to attempt to cook, believe it or not.  

We came back to the house.  I did a tiny bit of prep and then set up the garbage for F to take out tomorrow. Then I came upstairs and just vegged a bit.  I watched a bit of telly, F played with his phone.  


That’s about it for us for today.  It was a good weekend.  I hope that it means the next week will be a good one too.  Come back later and find out how my cooking dinner goes!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: