June 25, 2018

Monday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

I got up this morning as usual and watched the news.  After that, I got on with my usual day.  I relaxed a bit in the morning, had breakfast as usual and also looked up methods for the cooking I was planning to do in the afternoon.

I took F’s dishes down early today and washed them, then I washed the big pot that I was going to cook with.  I steamed a chicken breast and then cleaned up after that.

Over the course of the day, I spent quite a lot of time in the kitchen.  I had said I’d cook today, so I had a lot to do and being in a kitchen that I am not really at home in making it all more difficult.  

I watched some TV up in my room, and then came downstairs to do more work.  F had said he’d be late tonight but thought he’d be back by 6:30.  That came and went, but he hadn’t called me.  Around 7:20 I asked K if she’d like me to cook for her. I told her that F had said he’d be back an hour before and I didn’t know when he’d return.  She said that she’d wait for him to come back.  No problem really. 

I went back upstairs for a few minutes and then I was called downstairs again.  K decided that she’d like me to cook for her after all.  No problem. I didn’t mind. I put the water back on for the pasta and just then F called to say he’d be back soon. He’d left his phone’s cord somewhere and he couldn’t charge up his phone.  

While he was on the way back to the house, I boiled the pasta, plated some of the chicken, put out the salad, started to set the table and just generally did all the last minute things I wanted to do.  

The pasta was ready just as F arrived, so I got him to help me drain it and I put the sauce in.  Dinner was on the table just a few minutes later and got fairly good reviews. We had steamed chicken breast, pasta with a Japanese flavoured sauce, salad and a zucchini salad, plus a few cooked onion slices and the middle of the zucchini as veggie sticks. Dinner got fairly good reviews so I was pleased.  

I washed the dishes, F dried most of them after a break and then he wanted to go out!  He wanted to take a bath and I wanted to get out of the house, so we went out.  We drove to Haguro and F took a bath, I did some crochet in the lobby and we were both happy.

On the way back to Tsuruoka, we stopped at a convenience store. I got a chocomint frappe, F got ice cream. I was going to get one too but realized that I didn’t need it.

Back at the house, I finished my treat then prepared the plastic garbage to go out.  It didn’t take that long and it wasn’t a hard job.

I took a shower and when I came back, F was watching TV.  The nerve!  I just shrugged and said that I wanted the TV back at midnight for Project Runway.  

And that’s about it.  Tomorrow if all goes well, I’m going to go downtown and buy my train tickets for next month’s trip. I’m debating mailing my niece’s parcel too, but on the whole, don’t think I will this time.  It’s heavy and I’ll be busing it. 


Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: