July 24, 2018

Tuesday - What else?  Hot and Sunny

A good day.

This morning I overslept.  Woops.  I did go to bed a bit late, was woken at 6:30ish, then re-awoken at 7:45, slept through my alarms and woke up properly around 9.  Oh dear.  I watched the news that I had taped, and when I went downstairs, tried to let K know that I was expecting Takkyubin to deliver my suitcase today.  I think she got it.  I also gave her my “omiyagi” or souvenir for her from Niigata.  I gave both F and K a couple of packets of furikake to put on rice

They did deliver my suitcase, and nice and early too.  I was able to open it and wash the dirty clothes this morning, and hung things up in our room.  

I was having a fairly quiet day when F called to see if I would come to City Hall with him. He needed a paper for his taxes.  I got changed and went off with him.  K was sleeping when we left, seemed to be sleeping when we got back too.  

In the afternoon I watched a bit of telly and had lunch, then went downstairs and did the dishes.  While I was doing them, the doorbell rang.  K didn’t move from her snooze, so I answered the door.  It was someone from the gas company. He asked me not to use the gas stove for the next ten minutes. It was fine with me, I wasn’t cooking, and K was snoozing, so no worries.  He came back and I signed the paper he gave me, and he gave us a brochure.  Yay.  Done!

I went back upstairs after giving K a drink. I took one for myself too. When I was upstairs I did some computer stuff and also had a wee chat with F on FaceTime. He was waiting for the people he had to drive.  I suggested that we go to the Internet Cafe tonight since I wanted some cool time.  When I was waiting for him to finish work, I put all the squares out on my bed to see how it looks.  



The choices for the middle square are...pale pink echoing the pink elsewhere in the blanket or....

a hot pink square that's a bit kick-ass and reminds me of the Japanese flag.
Which to chose?

When F finished work, he brought his mother a bento and then we went out for dinner.  I suggested gyudon, but neither of us really wanted it.  We were driving along and F suggested a family run restaurant along the way.  We went there.  We both had hiyashi chukka and it was nice.  

We got to the Internet Cafe and we were able to get our massaging chairs.  Yay us.  We were there for three hours.  I spent some time watching YouTube, watching TV and also crocheting a few squares together.  I didn’t finish of course, but I got a general idea of what I have to do.  I need to research it a bit more. I may have to rip it out.  

After our time was up, we came back to the house.  I took a shower and F went to bed. I think he finally fell asleep.  

Tomorrow I’m hoping to be able to finish a few of the squares. They need their ends darned in before joining.  I also need to work on my Journal column and try to tidy up a bit in my room.  


Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: