August 15, 2018

Wednesday - Sunny and hot, torrential rain now

A good day.

I got up this morning and did my usual stuff.  I felt a little run down, so I had some of my sports drink and it did the trick.  I did a couple of loads of laundry today and then got stuck into my lesson planning.  I also watched a bit of stuff off the DVR.  I have to make space for the stuff I like this weekend.  

I barely saw K at all today.  She spent a lot of the day sleeping in the living room.  I did let her know that there was food for her, I’m not sure if she knew it was for her or not.  

I got a couple of days of lessons planned today. I have a bit more to do tomorrow.  Bit of a spanner in the works though as F has decided to take the last part of the day off.  He has to take his mother to her hometown for Obon.  He took Monday off, so I didn’t plan that day, but I need the time to do my planning/checking what I’m going to teach.  

It was a horrid sweltering day today. The temperature in our room up here was around 30 degrees and the humidity was awful.  Even though I wore a loose dress, I had sweat everywhere. Yuck.  

When F came back to the house tonight he was asking about dinner. I suggested taking his mother out.  We could have ordered in bentos, but she’s not had a break from the heat and humidity for days.  F thought it was a good idea.  

We all trundled off in the car and went to Gusto.  F and I had the same chicken dish, and his mother had fish.  She ate everything!  So did F and I though. F always says he hates Gusto, but I don’t think he really does!

We brought K back to the house and then the two of us went out again to a drugstore to get some necessaries.  We spent more money than I expected, but it was a good thing really.  No junk food, just some things for the house and health.

We had a quiet evening at the house.  I watched The Blacklist Double shot and enjoyed it, F went to bed.  The expected storm has finally hit us and I think it woke K up as I hear her bopping around downstairs. She’s probably closing windows.  Mine are already closed as I have the AC on because I can’t sleep when it is this hot.  

Tomorrow I plan to get up and after the news do some of my lesson planning and hopefully get enough done that I won’t have to do any after F gets off work.  Fingers crossed that happens.  


Come back later if I’m not swept away and see what happens on Thursday. Until tomorrow…

No comments: