August 16, 2018

Thursday - Cloudy, then torrential rain.

An okay day.

This morning I got up, did my usual watching of the news and then checking my email.  Got my breakfast and a little later, started in on my lesson planning.  I didn’t do a lot of prep, but I needed to look at the texts and see what was taught before….just basically to get a little comfortable with them.  It was very humid at the time.  

I was working quite hard when F called to remind me that he was coming back to the house after twelve.  No problem. I told him again that I might need a little time to finish up.  We ring off, I get back to work.  I get an alert on my phone about the weather.  I can’t read it because it’s in kanji, so transfer it to my computer and figure out what it says.  It didn’t affect this area, so no problem.  I went back to work.  F phones me to say he’s finished.  He asks if I want anything. No thanks, I say.  I’m nearly done planning but not quite.  F arrives back at the house and comes up to the room.  I have all my books in order across the bed so that I can put them away in an order that makes sense to me.  I tell him I need 5 or 10 more minutes to finish planning, but I’m nearly done.  He storms off.   I didn’t talk to him again for more than two hours, because he went downstairs and cooked lunch for his mother and himself.  BOO!  He promised me yesterday when I was in the grocery store that he would take me out for lunch. I had planned to buy myself food, but he said not to.  

Our afternoon was supposed to go a lot differently.  He was planning to take his mother to her hometown and then come back and take me out. However, his uncle cancelled that plan, so he didn’t take his mother anywhere.  I was sad for her. 

Around 2 I realized that if I didn’t hear from F soon, I could just try catching a bus from the bus stop and go downtown.  I thought that was a bit dumb, so finally tracked him down and suggested rather strongly that he buy me some lunch.  He was rather whiney but did agree.  Of course, NONE of the places that I like to go was open at 3 pm, so we ended up at a keitensushi place.  We did have a fairly good meal there, ate entirely too much sushi.

After our lunch, we went to Doutor in the mall for a coffee and a bit of wifi.  We didn’t talk much but did put out a few ideas for the evening.  I was getting sleepy, so we came back to the house after visiting a grocery store.  We got a bento for K and a few things for my lunch tomorrow.  

F and I decided to go to the Internet Cafe.  I took along my crochet too.  It wasn’t very busy at all, so we each got massaging chairs.  I spent my time watching Bake Off Celebrity shows and then an interview with David Essex.  I did do a little crochet too.  We each had our dinner there. I had pasta which was okay.

We came back to the house around midnight. I took a shower and F went to bed. He’s tired, and I don’t think he’s feeling all that well either.  Poor thing.  

I get really upset because F doesn’t think that I have to plan for my classes and that I shouldn’t take time away from “us”.  But, I gave up Monday because he took off a full day, and today he wasn’t supposed to be around as much as he was.  It really bothers me how I have no support from him.  

Anyway, that’s it for me. I do have a class tomorrow evening, so I need to do a few things to prepare.  Next week I have classes every day and then I’m done again when my friend comes back to take over again.  Whew!


Come back later and see how I get on. Until tomorrow….

No comments: