August 14, 2018

Tuesday - Hot and humid and sunny

A goodish day.

I had a hard time getting out of bed today. I went to bed a bit late last night and didn’t sleep well.  F didn’t sleep well so it can be hard to sleep near him.  F went off to work and a little later I woke up and got up.

Today I wore one of my new things from yesterday’s shopping trip. I wore a long dress, it said it was Resort Wear.  If my sister saw it, I’m sure she’d say I looked like Mrs Roper (from Three’s Company). It kept me mostly cool and decent, so that was good.  

I did a couple of loads of laundry this morning and had my breakfast. I watched a little telly but buckled down to work finally. I even decided to have my lunch early for a change so that I could work uninterrupted in the afternoon.  Good choice!

I looked at a few classes today and got 3 planned. It wasn’t really enough, but it was a goodly start.  I think the others will come fairly easily.  

I didn’t see much of K all day.  She spends a lot of the day sleeping in the living room.  She has her things that she likes to do, and I have mine so it seems to work.

When F came back to the house tonight he wanted to make udon for dinner and asked me to have some too.  I agreed, with the caveat that I could use a pasta sauce on it, instead of the horrid stuff he uses.  He agreed but wasn’t too happy.  I asked him what he was planning to serve with the udon and he had no ideas.  Ack.  We went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  I got some roasted chicken, we got a nice salad, and F picked up a couple of things to go with his udon.  We also got a bottle of iced tea.

We came back to the house and F went into cooking mode.  Of course, every pot in the house was used and I’m not sure any restaurant would let him cook there, but we finally got things done. He wouldn’t tell me what to do to help him, but I didn’t want to make a mess for him.  Finally, we got everything on the table.  I had my udonghetti and it wasn’t great.  He’d over-cooked the udon anyway, so it was really too soft for spaghetti.  Still, we had a nice dinner and it was nice to sit and have a meal with K in the house…even though it was terribly hot all day.  Yuck.

F washed the dishes and I dried them.  He does them in no order that makes any sense to me, and I tried to gently suggest that he do the glasses, cutlery and chopsticks first since they come in contact with our lips, then the plates, then finally the pots and pans, but my help wasn’t appreciated.   As someone who is still working on making him wash dishes with hot water, I’ll keep at it. 

After a little break from each other, we went to the onsen.  It was quite busy tonight.  F went to take a bath, I revelled in the cool air and then worked on my blanket.  I fixed last night’s error and even got a little bit more done.  I think it is going well. We stayed in the spa’s lobby right up until they closed. I was enjoying the cool, F was enjoying the wifi!

We came back to the house via a convenience store for some ice cream.  We ate and then I took a shower.  Before I did, I turned on the AC in the room. It was 30 degrees and very humid.  I’ll turn it off before I got to bed.  


And that’s about it for me.  Tomorrow, more lesson prep and laundry too most likely. It’s supposed to rain as well.  I hope that’s a good thing!  Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: