August 6, 2018

Monday - Cloudy and sunny, with a little rain

A good day.

This morning F got up and made his mother breakfast, then the two of them went out to the doctor. I stayed in, but very soon after one of F’s nieces came by, so I went down to talk to her.  

I had a quiet morning and even had my breakfast.  I noticed when I was downstairs that F had set up the bread maker. I put a timer on my phone in case he wasn’t back in time to take it out of the maker.  

I watched a little telly, and it turned out that F didn’t make it back.  I went downstairs and prepared for taking the bread out, and then after it beeped, I took it out.  I put it on the table to cool down.

F and his mother came back soon after and F was happy that I’d taken care of the bread for him.  Yay me. We had some of the bread and another treat and then went out for our lunch.  I dressed up a little, F was going to wear a baggy old t-shirt until I asked him to please change.

We went to a new restaurant today.  It’s an Italian/French place and it was very nice.  It was a little expensive of course and the portions were a little small, but the food was good and we were the only people there for a while.  I don’t know if we’ll be back as the price was a bit of a problem.

After the restaurant, F wanted to go and see some of the flooding damage.  I was okay with it as he mentioned seeing an area near Tsuruoka.  We didn’t see too much there as I think we were in the wrong area. However, we started driving down some old roads and headed into the mountains along the Mogami River.  Today, the river was very brown and was a lot higher than it used to be.  In some places, there were clean up crews getting rid of mud or water, and traffic was backed up in those places.  


Not the actual river, just where it flooded near houses.



We got as far as Shinjo and F was game to go to Yamagata, but I had no idea why we would!  We hadn’t planned this trip.  We came back the way we came.  

Back in Tsuruoka, we bought F’s mother a bento and then went for our dinner.  F, after a good weekend where we got on and didn’t argue about restaurants, started getting a bit out of sorts about this one tonight.  It rather annoyed me.  I suggested Cocos, mostly because we would be in the area and I like it!  We went and had variations of the same thing.  I had chicken jambalaya and he had seafood jambalaya.  I think we both enjoyed our dishes, I know I did.  

We got a few groceries for ourselves for the next few days.  I may make dinner tomorrow night IF I get enough done.  

F and I came back to the house and relaxed.  He’s got to go back to work tomorrow and I have to do some lesson planning.  I’m a bit nervous since it has been a while, but I should be okay.

I watched some of my telly and also worked on my blanket. I joined a fair bit of it tonight so that was good!  


Tomorrow I have to work on lesson planning and perhaps dinner. I want to do some laundry too.  I hope I am busy…but not too busy!  Come back later and see how I manage.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: