October 22, 2018

Monday - Sunny and gorgeous

A good day.

I woke up a bit early this morning, went downstairs, came back to bed and had a bit of a snuggle with the mister before falling back to sleep.  He left for work and I didn’t wake up properly until after 8.  

I watched the news from the bed as the room was a little chilly. It was too warm to stay in bed, too cool to get out!  

My morning was very quiet. I did a small load of laundry and then called it quits for today.  I spent a quiet time upstairs. F came back for a quick visit as I was finishing up my lunch.  He had to leave fairly soon though.

F called me around 5 to say he didn’t know when he’d come back from work. Then he called me half an hour later when he told me he was done.  He phoned me back five more minutes later to say that he’d pick up some bento for dinner, what would I like? Actually, not a bento, but I didn’t tell him that.  He brought us back bentos from a good place so that was a nice thing. 

We had dinner together in the living room.  It was fine. After we finished, F wanted to go to the onsen. I wasn’t so keen, but I did want to go out.  

I did the dishes, even though I had to chase K out of the kitchen.  I don’t like the way she washes dishes if I’m honest.  Her sight isn’t great and she misses things and she only uses cold water to wash.  I washed the dishes, F dried them and we went to get ready to go.

This week’s drive to the onsen was thankfully uneventful. The parking lot was busy, but the waiting area wasn’t, and I was able to get my favourite corner of the lobby.

I listened to a couple of podcasts tonight and that was fun. I also did a bit of my bobbin knitting which helped the time pass.

F came back before 9:30 and we spent some time catching up and checking our mutual phones.

We left and bought some groceries at the MaxValu on the way back. They ended up being rather expensive, but hopefully we’ll get enough food for two evenings out of it. 

Back at the house we put away the groceries and then I watched a bit of TV. I watched American Idol and enjoyed it. F went to sleep. I’m glad as he was up too late last night.  

Tomorrow I’m planning to cook dinner. I still haven’t started writing my column, so I should do that too.  I hope I get stuff done!  Come back later and see how I get on. Until tomorrow….




No comments: