November 10, 2018

Saturday - Rainy then clear and sunny

A good day. 

I slept in a bit this morning. F got up early to go to the doctor’s office and put in his medical card, then went in again later to see the doctor. He came back here to pick up some money because he’d forgotten that he had to pay for medicine!

When he came back he went to bed and snoozed for a while. I was annoyed because I wanted to go for lunch soon.  I tried to wake him at 12:30 and then at one. Finally, he got up but we didn’t get out of the house until 1:30. I knew that most places would be finished their lunches, so I suggested The Grand El Sun. When we got there, the restaurant was closed as they were going to have a party there. Oh no! I suggested going to the Indian restaurant and F was okay with that. So, we drove across the city and went to the Indian Place. We both had the Okawari set but with different curries. I had chicken today, he had pork.  They were both good, and we did order more naan.  Yay us.

After lunch, we went to buy Christmas Cards.  We made a brief pit stop and then went to Maruto, a packaging store. They sell reasonably priced cards for Christmas. I told F that even if they were a little expensive (they really weren’t for Japan), it was cheaper buying them here than going to Sendai for them.  

After shopping F asked what I’d like to do now. I suggested a drink, so he suggested going to Komeda coffee.  On the way there I remembered that there was a free-for-us concert at the aquarium tonight. I gave him a choice of live music or seeing Bohemian Rhapsody.  He chose the free music.  After having some coffee, we went to the grocery store and bought K a bento, then delivered it. We drove off to Kamo and went in and saw the concert.  It was an acoustic guitar performance by Shun Komatsubara.  We both really enjoyed it.  F tried to translate some of his commentaries before songs, but I mostly managed to shush him. I understood a little of it, but I didn’t mind that much anyway.

After the concert, we drove back to Tsuruoka.  Our lunch had been so big and late that we hadn’t been hungry before the concert. I wasn’t terribly hungry yet, but F kept asking about food.  I suggested one of the keiten sushi places, so we ended up at Kula Sushi. It was okay, not great.  We didn’t win anything, sad to say!

We came back to the house after dinner and I watched a little TV, and F his phone.  And that’s about it.  

Tomorrow we will hopefully go and see the movie. It should be a bit less busy on a Sunday, fingers crossed. Of course, we might go and do something else entirely. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….


No comments: