November 11, 2018

Sunday - Clear and sunny

Remembrance Day - A good day

I woke up at 10:00 am this morning to an empty bed and house.  F and his mother had gone to the onsen again and hadn’t told me. I didn’t really mind the onsen part, just not knowing that they’d gone out bit!  

I took care of a personal chore while they were gone and then came upstairs to my computer.  I was on for a while, but was tired and wanted more sleep. I went back to bed but of course, five minutes later they came back!  F and I did have a snuggle, but I got up soon after.

We talked about what to do and decided that we’d go to see Bohemian Rhapsody at 1:35. We didn’t really need lunch, F had eaten ramen with his mother, and my breakfast was only a little while earlier. We stayed in the house until a bit after 1 and then went over to the theatre.  We paid and went to see the movie. I liked it a lot. I thought that Rami Malek was phenomenal as Freddie, but thought that it might have been interesting if we’d seen more about the lives of the other band members. Didn’t they have interesting things in their lives?  The music was great and the Live-Aid Performance at the end was excellent.  I got a chuckle out of Mike Myers saying that no-one would bang their heads to Bohemian Rhapsody when he was responsible for making people do it! I’m not sure if I’ll go and see it again, I might if I have time.

We picked up a couple of pastries from the bakery and ate them in the car after the movie. Then, we went for coffee at S-Mall. We almost had a spat there, F stuck his phone under my nose and asked me to “do what it said”. I had a nanosecond to read the message and I didn’t understand what he meant. He got a bit mad at me. Sigh. Then when I figured it out, he wouldn’t give me the phone again. I really was lost, I was deep in something on my phone.  

We went back to the house. I suggested that we take the DVR to the shop to see if they could fix it. The place would still be open. While we were at the house, we found out that K didn’t need food as she’d been eating already.

The people in the shop were fine. They are going to check it. We might lose all the movies/programmes on the disk which is sad, but to be expected really. I am still quite annoyed with F because I’ve asked him for YEARS to put some of the movies on disk for me and he hasn’t. I’m not sure if I can replace some of the films as they aren’t on very much. We hacked around the shop a bit and didn’t buy anything, just looked at new DVRs in case and new toaster ovens and ovens.

We had dinner in a restaurant near Pal Shopping Centre. I had pasta, F had ramen. Mine was great and I enjoyed it, F not so much. We bought some groceries then and came back to the house where we stayed. We’ve had a fairly good and quiet night, but F is still up. He’s got to work tomorrow. Yikes. 

Tomorrow there may be more plumbers by to check on the house and I hope to watch some of the TV I DVR’d over the weekend.  It was a nice weekend, which I really needed for a change. Come back later if you like and see what Monday looks like. Until tomorrow….

No comments: