November 9, 2018

Friday - Cloudy then rainy, warm

A good day.

I had a fairly quiet morning today. We were expecting the plumber today in the afternoon, so I didn’t do laundry after all. F phoned a couple of minutes after 12 to see if the plumber was already there, but I just laughed and said he was probably having lunch.  The plumber showed up just after one so I might have been right. 

He spent some time checking the pipes and the water heater, but he didn’t find anything. He had a big thing that looked like an old-fashioned stethoscope that he put up to the pipes. I’d never seen that before. He left, saying he’d contact F.

I grabbed my lunch. K was being a bit of a pest. She was in the kitchen and moving my garbage can around. I guess she doesn’t like it much. She also cleaned the top of it. Hey, knock yourself out lady!

I discovered that I hadn’t recorded yesterday’s show properly. I got about 8 minutes of it and then it stopped. This DVR can’t record two channels at one time, sad to say. 

F came back to the house around 4 bearing ice cream and then went back to work.  He came back to the house after work around 6 pm. He was tired and a bit cranky. First, he said he’d like to have grilled fish and rice, so I said it was okay with me. Should we go and pick up some fish? He didn’t want to. He was being whiny. I said something was okay so he’d change his mind. He started talking about a restaurant I like in Amarume but when I checked it out it wasn’t open tonight. Then he started talking about a place I don’t like in Fujishima. I said I’d go. I don’t think the food is good, the place is a dive (but not in a good way) and there’s an old woman who is always there who stares at me.  I said I’d go because I figure the fact that he suggested a place was good and should be rewarded.

We set out, having established that K didn’t want any dinner, and when we were on the road, F suggested another place. I liked the idea much more, so we went to Coco’s Ichibanya Curry.  We both had the same thing, a spicy curry with chicken. It was spicy and it was good. So yay. And there was wifi. 

We came back to the house afterwards. We both had toast from the bread F made today and then came upstairs. I watched Castle and Scorpion. F wanted to go out for more food, but I said I’d stay put. He brought back some sashimi and some other stuff.  

Around 11 pm, I went downstairs to take a shower. While I was there I decided to clean the bathroom. I never wear my glasses in the bathroom so I never know how bad it is. It wasn’t terrible, I had cleaned it a while ago, but it needed a little TLC.  


When I came back upstairs, F was mostly asleep. It’s now really, really late and I should get myself to sleep. Things I want to do this weekend are to go and see Bohemian Rhapsody and buy Christmas Cards!  Wish me luck. Until tomorrow….

No comments: