November 12, 2018

Monday - Rainy then clearing

A good day.

This morning F woke me up again. I think it was accidental, but it happened just a couple of minutes before my alarm anyway. I got up and stayed up.  I had a quiet morning, but I did get dressed right away this morning as we were expecting plumbers to come by sometime.  I also had a chat with my BFF in Canada during that news. It was lovely to be on live with her. 

Morning passed. K disappeared, she went back to bed. F kept phoning to see if the plumbers had come and of course they hadn’t. They never did show up! I watched some TV upstairs. It was a touch hard because the DVR doesn’t work properly. It would record the last 2 minutes of a programme or the first 20, but not always the whole thing. Luckily, one of the programmes that I really like was complete, but a couple of other ones weren’t. 

F popped in a couple of times to check on us. No big deal.  I had my lunch and then a bit later K got up. I offered her the tofu nabe we’d bought for her, and so I made it up.  I gave it to her and left her to eat it. 

When F came back from work he was knackered. He said he didn’t want to eat, I didn’t want to cook so we ordered bentos. We made a quick run through a grocery store first and then picked up the food. We brought it back here and ate.  It was nice.

F washed the dishes tonight and then we went over to the onsen. I had thought about taking a bath today but decided not to do it. I took my craft bag over with me and did a bit of knitting and a bit of spool knitting. 

We came back to Tsuruoka afterwards and to the house. I took a shower right away and then came upstairs. F went to bed before midnight tonight. I’m glad. He’s been staying up with me lately and it isn’t something he can do. I can get away with being sleepy, he can’t. 

And that’s about it for my day. I’m heading out on Tuesday to have lunch with a friend and buy my bus tickets for Sendai next month. I hope to be able to pick something up for my husband’s upcoming birthday too. AND, Starbucks in Tsuruoka opens.  Woot!  I’m not sure if I should risk trying to go or not. It might be totally insane there. I have no idea!  Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: