November 4th, 2018

Sunday - Clear and sunny 

A mostly good day.

This morning, F and I slept in a bit. He got up and took his mother to the onsen. I got up and did a few chores around the house. One of the things I did was to wash the bathroom sink and part of the vanity. It was looking really bad. 

I had my breakfast and then started to unmake the bed. We decided to wash our bedding today. F had cut his foot a couple of days ago and it bled all over the bed.  I got the bedding piled up and when F came back he turned the mattress for me and we took it down to the car.

We had a few things scheduled this afternoon, so we didn’t want to take forever doing laundry. We took our bedding to the laundromat and put it in the wash, then went to a nearby restaurant for lunch. F was finished when the first load was ready to come out of the machine, so he drove back and left me the money to pay the bill. I took a few minutes to finish my meal, then just as I was getting up to leave, saw F coming back to our table. He’d come back for me! It was rather sweet, but a tad annoying since I was looking forward to the walk. 

When the laundry was done we folded things up and then brought it back to the house. F had started a loaf of bread in the morning and it was due to come off at 3:38. I’m not sure what he was thinking. We spent the 30 or so minutes before hand making the bed. It was rather difficult since F doesn’t just want a quilt. He wants a towelket too.  Fine. I’m just not going to do anything with it when I make the bed then.

When the bed was made and the bread was out we headed off to the Chido Museum. They had a new exhibit of swords that F wanted to see. We went and had a look.  I moved a little faster through them than F did as I wasn’t terribly interested, so stopped at the end and had a little rest. In all honesty, I wasn’t feeling all that well. I’m not sure if I have a cold, or if I was reacting to the smells of the detergents in the laundromat. At one point F apologized to me for taking a long time, but I said, “Hey, it’s YOUR wool shop.” I just meant that he comes to the wool shops with me and hangs around and listens to me go on about crochet and yarn and such without getting upset, time I returned the favour. 

We left the museum and went to S-Mall. I did a little shopping at the hundred yen shop, then bought F a coffee at Doutors.  That was nice.

We bought K a bento at a famous shop on Showa-dori and dropped it off. I picked up my stuff and then F and I went to the Internet Cafe. I couldn’t bear another argument about food so suggested we just eat there. They have just changed their menu again, so had some new choices. F ended up having yakisoba and I had gapao rice. It was okay. I think they overdid the cilantro or something. 

We came back to the house via the grocery store and the gas station.  

When I got settled into the room, I turned on the TV and disaster! Our DVR stopped working. It kept turning itself off. I asked F to look at it and he did. The fan has stopped working apparently. I am so upset. I have all kinds of shows on it. F just will not help me when I want to transfer shows to a DVD, so we have oodles of great stuff on the DVR.  I hope it isn’t lost, but it might be. Sigh.

I can at least watch TV tomorrow during the day, but I spend most of my time watching stuff from the DVR so I am rather bummed. Plus I don’t feel that great, so I’m going to bed almost as soon as I finish posting this. 


Hopefully I’ll be back here on Monday. Don’t miss me too much. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: