November 6, 2018

Tuesday - Cloudy and cool

A mostly good day.

I got up this morning on time and watched the news. I was actually awake for a change.  I watched the next show too and then had my breakfast. I decided somewhere along the way that I would go out for a bit. I wanted to run an errand and I didn’t really want an audience like I would have if I went with F.  Around 12 I said goodbye to K, told her I was going out, and then peddled off on my bicycle.  

I only went to the big main street a few blocks away, and then to a drugstore, but it was really nice to get out and about by myself. I followed that up with a quick trip around a convenience store and then came back to the house. I really could have stayed out longer, but didn’t want to spend too much money!

I came back to the house, put my bicycle away and then gave K a little treat that I had bought for her. I came upstairs and a little while later had my lunch. 

I had a quiet but enjoyable afternoon. I did have a thing where K tried to talk to me about something, but I had no idea what she was talking about. If she points to something or talks about something that makes sense in context I have more idea, but she has never had to learn another language so doesn’t know about trying to make the other person understand. F says he can’t understand her half the time as she speaks “old” Japanese.  

F came back to the house around 6 tonight. He told me that there is some problem with the water…there seems to be a leak somewhere outside. That might be what K was talking about. The other thing was that K didn’t want dinner tonight. I suggested a place and F didn’t hate the idea, so we went there.

We went to Youme-shokudo near the main post office and had a pretty good meal.  I had “chicken steak” and that was nice, F had a pork and veggie stirfry. He liked it but said it was too big.  

We bought a few groceries and then came back to the house. I’m probably going to cook tomorrow night. I’m just going to make pasta, no big whoop.  

Since it was fairly early, I asked F if he’d like to go for a walk with me and he said yes. We walked over to Komagihara Park and then did once around the walking track. It was hard work, which is really sad when I think of how out of shape I am again. I had worked so hard getting in better condition and a year of this place has made me not care about myself anymore. Sigh. 

We came back to the house. I watched Bates Motel and then tried to watch something on the DVR or the TV. I’d set it earlier today to record 2 programmes at the same time. Unfortunately, the TV was also set for something. When I asked F to check the TV he kept telling me that I must have set it accidentally…except I didn’t.  It’s been set like that for years. I’ve asked him about it but he’s never seen it or chooses never to listen/understand me. He stormed off after a few minutes and stayed away for a while.  

When he came back, I ignored him and then started to hear some funny noises in the other part of the room. I couldn’t see what he was doing since I’d closed the door a bit.  Finally I got up to see what was going on. Tonight, he’d bought a new belt for himself. Well, he’d put it on and then tightened it. Too much. He couldn’t get it to open.  I played around with it and saw there was a catch on the bottom and got it to give an inch, and then a few more inches.  I felt sorry for him and said that he could have just asked me for help!  He was all prepared to cut off the belt so it’s a good thing I came along when I did. 

We’re much better now, even chatted a little bit about things, so not to worry. 


Come back later if you’ve nothing better to do and I’ll fill you full of how Wednesday goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: