December 16, 2018

Sunday - Clear and warmish

A good day.

Apologies for not updating on Saturday. I was sick! I had a slight sore throat on Friday which turned into a horrid sore throat plus raging fever on Saturday. I literally spent most of the day in bed. I felt horrible.  I couldn’t eat, didn’t drink enough and F and I ended up calling it a night around 8:30 pm. I woke up a few times overnight but slept most of the time.

This morning I woke up feeling much better. My nose is a little plugged/runny now, but my throat has eased and my temperature is back to normal. Whew!

We had a busy day today. K wasn’t feeling too well today, sad to say, but I was feeling better.  F and I went out for lunch to Restaurant Futaba, just down the street. For me, it was a good choice as I had quiche and salad and soup, nice easy to digest things.  I hadn’t eaten much on Saturday at all. 

F and I went shopping for my best friend’s presents for Christmas. We got a few things and I think she’ll like them if they are the right size. Fingers crossed. I may have erred on the larger size so I hope she can at least wear them. We had a drink at Starbucks, we both had the Christmas Tree Frappucino which is a pistachio flavoured drink. It was nice, and not too sweet.  I wanted to get some blank nengajo and thought they were selling them in S-Mall.  Well, we went there and there was no booth.  Sigh. We went to a convenience store though and I got some there. Whew!

F started muttering about getting a haircut so we decided that he’d drop me off in S-Mall and he’d go and get his hair cut.  That was nice. I had a bit of time to shop and then I went to Doutors and had a soy tea latte. F joined me there when he was done and he had a quick drink too.

We decided to do the bento thing for dinner again, so we ordered with F’s phone and then headed out to do our grocery shopping. I got my usual stuff including some yogurt and cold meat, F bought udon. 

We picked up the bentos and came back to the house. F got his mother up to eat (before 8 pm and she was in bed already) with us and then we did the dishes. 

This evening I finally ordered clothes for my family in Canada. They won’t arrive until just before Christmas though, I’m a little sad about that. The mail strike in Canada has made everything late.  Boo! 

I took a shower tonight which was only worth mentioning because I forgot to take my towel downstairs to use afterwards. I had to use the hand towel in the bathroom. Luckily I had just put it out this morning so it was clean and mostly dry. I replaced it of course!

And that was my day. It was good. It is surprising to me how much better I feel today than I did yesterday. I’m not sure if it was a bad cold or a bit of flu, but it was nasty. 

Tomorrow I have to wrap presents and try to catch up with things that I didn’t get done on Saturday. Come back later if you like and see what gets done. Until tomorrow….

No comments: