December 17, 2018

Monday - Rainy

A good, productive day.

I didn’t have a great night. When I first went to bed, I was cold, then overheated and then it was morning!  F woke me up when he left, but I got up soon after anyway. 

I had a fairly normal morning except I made myself oatmeal for a change. I used one of my new bowls to make it in the microwave. It was fast that way.  I really enjoyed breakfast. I also did a couple of loads of laundry and hung it up this morning. I caught up with some of my email stuff, had a bit of email trouble this morning…but it seems to have sorted itself out.  Hurray.

In the afternoon I watched some DVR TV and put away laundry and caught up on a few things.  I had my lunch and then decided to start wrapping my best friend’s present afterwards.  I semi-cheated by using gift bags but got it done and boxed up.  F phoned to say he was on his way back to the house, so I asked him to take me to the post office.  I was printing out a packing list when he called and of course, my printer had jammed.  He thought I was outside, but really I was just trying to get him to hang up so I could use both hands to fix my printer!

After F came back to the house, we decided that we’d go to the post office, then to the grocery store so we could get his mother something to eat. After that, we’d go to the onsen and then go to dinner.  That’s pretty much what we did.

The post office went fairly smoothly. It was expensive of course, but that’s fairly normal. At the grocery store, we each picked up a few things in the basket and finally went through the checkout. As we did, the clerk gave a surprised look when she scanned something but didn’t do anything about it. However, I looked at the total and it was high. Really high. F didn’t notice at first until I said to him that something was really expensive.  We checked the totals. His “shiokara” or stinky squid guts as I like to call them, had a price of more than 3000 yen. It probably should have been less than 300 yen. Somewhere, someone had added an extra number to the price! The clerk was new, so she had to find out what to do. She went off to get us a new package…scratch that….not US…him…a new package that cost around 300 yen. In the end, it all worked out of course, but luckily I had kept an eye on the bill. F might have just paid it and not thought about it.

We delivered the food to K and put the rest in the fridge or wherever.  Then, we drove out to the onsen.

Even that was slightly eventful tonight as we couldn’t get the sound system to play my tunes. Finally, F had to pull over and try a few things before restarting the car. That seemed to work. I told him it was okay to wait, for some reason he just wanted to keep trying.

At the onsen tonight I read a little, crafted a little, and updated my phone a little, so that was good. I haven’t finished either my book or my craft, but that’s okay. 

We had an okay for me dinner in Gusto tonight. F had been trying to get me to go to the new steak place tonight, but I told him that with my nose running I wouldn’t enjoy it very much. Why have expensive food if I wouldn’t be able to taste it? In Gusto, I ordered some Keema Curry and also shared an order of fries with F. I added on some of their truffle sauce and that was good!  F foolishly had ramen. I don’t know why. He hated it, said the noodles weren’t cooked right. They aren’t a ramen shop, they can’t possibly meet his impossibly high ramen standards.  

We came back to the house and had a fairly quiet night in.  F isn’t feeling too well, and my nose is running, so we’re quite a pair. 

Tomorrow I hope to start working on present wrapping for my sister’s family. I have a few things already, although I am waiting for their main presents to arrive. I may do more laundry or not. I’m also thinking about cooking dinner tomorrow night. I want to do bangers and mash, but I haven’t decided if it is a good idea or not. It depends on my nose I think! 


Come back later and see what I get up to. Isn’t it exciting?  Until tomorrow….

No comments: