December 3, 2018

Monday - Clear and Sunny

A goodish day.

I got up this morning and had a quiet morning. I did my usual breakfast and tried to catch up on some of my weekend telly. 

In the afternoon, I washed my breakfast dishes and then started dinner prep. I was making garlic pork, so I pressed a couple of garlic cloves and mixed them with soy sauce and water. I spread it all on the pork and put it back in the fridge to marinate. 

I prepared my lunch and took it upstairs again.

After lunch, I wrote a few Christmas cards. Once again I have decided not to write a Christmas letter. I did last year, but I don’t really feel that it has been a good enough year to memorialize. It’s been a difficult year if I’m honest and I can’t wait to see the shut of it.

When F phoned me tonight to say he was finished work, I finished what I was doing and then went downstairs to start dinner.  I got things out and started cooking the hash browns and prepping things.  When F came to the house I sent him off to change. When he came back I requested that he check there was water in the living room for our soup.  He did and then proceeded to cut up a negi-onion for some reason. I asked him if we needed it and he said he did. Yuck. From then on, if I wanted to move somewhere, F was there. If I asked him to do something for me, he ignored me and got in my way. I was not happy with him.  And yet, he really thought he was helping. He started washing dishes when I wanted him to put things on the table. Sigh.  I got the table set, put things out and then finally served dinner. It went okay. K seemed to like the garlic pork, I liked the hash browns and the pork. I didn’t have negi in my miso soup though. 

After dinner, I cleared the table and F started to do the dishes. I gave him back my frying pan because it wasn’t cleaned properly. He did a good job the next time!

We decided to go out for a drink, but I suggested going to the hardware store near the coffee shop. We spent a bit of time there and I got some garlands, some new gloves and a couple of other things.  Yay me. F bought some rhubarb seeds and a planter to try growing them in. Woot. In a few years, I might be able to have rhubarb. 

We went to the coffee shop. I had a decaf, F had a milk coffee and we both enjoyed ourselves. 

We came back to the house and I did up the garbage for tomorrow.  It’s plastics day and since I won’t be here next week, decided to do it today. 

I watched a bit of telly and F went to bed early for a change. I’m glad for him. He was tired today, but he stayed up too late last night.

Tomorrow I might go out if the weather isn’t terrible and mail off my Christmas cards. Maybe!

That’s it for me for today. Come back in a bit and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: