December 4, 2018

Tuesday - Rainy but warm

A good day.

I got up this morning and did my usual news and NCIS. NCIS was interesting today because Robert Wagner was on it. Once upon a time I liked him a lot so it was cool to see him.

I had a quiet day and never really saw K at all.  I heard her but never made eye contact. She did have some of the leftovers from yesterday so that was good.

I worked on writing my Christmas cards today. I wrote all of the non-Japan, non-Canadian ones and I think I got them all done. 

F came back to the house before 6 so I asked him if he’d take me to the main post office to mail my cards. His mother had hoped to get her hair cut, but tonight decided not to go.  We went to the main post office, F and I, and I asked about sending a card to Canada but the woman wouldn’t take it. My friends IN Canada say the strike is over, but Japan Post doesn’t seem to know it. Sigh.  And, the clerk didn’t use stamps on my cards, she used the stamping machine so I was a bit ticked as I’d asked F to help me tell the clerk that I wanted nice stamps.  He didn’t help me at all, sad to say.  Still, they are in the mail. Hurray for that.

We were near a good bento shop so I suggested going there and picking up a bento for each of us. We drove over to the store and got 3 types of bento, all freshly made for us. 

We took them back to the house and had dinner. Once again, F cut up negi, but he wasn’t in my way tonight, so I didn’t mind. We had our bento with some miso soup and tea and it was great. I’m not a huge fan of bento, but this was a good one. It had lots of little bits and my main dish was really nice. It was a tad more expensive than the place we often go, but a whole lot better.  

After dinner, I washed the few dishes there were and came upstairs. F came up a few minutes later. He was not doing well because of the weather. He asked to go to the onsen which was fine with me. I grabbed my bag of yarn and stuff and off we went.

F took his bath while I did a bit of Internet stuff and then started another ornament while listening to podcasts. That was interesting. 

When we left the onsen, we headed to the grocery store and picked up a few things for lunches. I got some stuff for K and me to hopefully share, as well as a few things for F and I.  

We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. I watched a bit of TV and had a bit of a cuddle with my poor husband. He’s sleeping now and truth be told, I’m a bit tired so plan to go to bed soon.

Come back later and find out what we get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: