January 8, 2019

Tuesday - Cold and snowy

Today was okay. I woke up early then came back to bed. I slept through my alarm and then had to get up and fill up the kerosene tank in the heater. Of course, I also finished the big tank of kerosene so transferred the siphon over to another tank so that K wouldn’t have to do it. I even ran the empty tank out to the garage in my pyjamas for good measure! 

I watched the news in English, fast forwarded through the rest, then watched my NCIS. I grabbed breakfast and also did a load of laundry around 10, came back upstairs to eat. I didn’t see K at all. 

I had a quiet morning and afternoon. I didn’t exactly avoid K, but I didn’t seek her out either. I did see her when I went down to make my lunch, she was doing something!  

Around 4 I went out to shovel snow.  I think K’d probably done a little bit as the steps were now cleared off. Earlier when I went out there was a lot of snow outside the door. I cleared up a bit around the garage door and then the area that F parks. I even cleaned up some of the snow from the road outside the parking area. I took it over to the neighbour's field area. F’s been building up a bit of an area for us to dump the snow from. Unfortunately, the snow was rather soft, and my left leg went through the snow up to the thigh! I was quite surprised. I almost panicked, but realized that 1)I wasn’t hurt and 2) I wouldn’t freeze to death and finally 3) I would have to get myself out of the snow and I could do it if I was careful.  I’m not sure exactly how I did it, but I did get out. I didn’t lose my boot either. Yay me.

I finished up and went inside soon.  I just missed a call from F, but he caught me a few minutes later and said he’d be late tonight. I told him to drive carefully and that I wasn’t cooking!

When he finished work a bit later he asked if he should bring something for dinner and I said yes. I think he went to one of the bento shops and brought us each a bento. It was a fairly good idea, not too expensive and reasonably healthy. K and I had the same, a bento with rice and some fish, chicken, and veggies. F had a salmon bento.  

After dinner, I helped F with the dishes and then we decided to go out. I needed a few groceries and we both needed a little downtime.  We went to Komeda Coffee and had some decaf and wifi. I nearly fell asleep. I’m not sure why. I didn’t feel tired before, but I couldn’t keep my eyes open.

We left and went to the grocery store, got a few things for ourselves and then left. We also stopped into the drugstore for some necessities too.

Back at the house, F headed straight up the stairs with our groceries. He’s been doing that a bit lately! I think it’s funny, but odd, just like him. I got him to come back down and we put away the stuff in the fridge and took our personal stuff upstairs. 

I watched a bit of telly and F went to bed eventually. I’m going to go there next too! 

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: